THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

HOT SOUP ON A SNOWY DAY...

The snow is so pretty but it certainly puts a damper on my plans....had to cancel a Christmas workshop this evening - rescheduled for Friday, Dec. 13 but some girls can't make it due to prior commitments...Mother Nature is not being nice.  We have a few openings if anyone is interested check out December 1 post on here.

The store is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday so I am happy I am not missing customers today!

Decided the best thing to do (besides a ton of bookwork) was to make a big pot of potato soup.  Had everything I needed but needed to go to the parsley patch (against the back wall of the house-where it loves to grow) to see if the snow froze it yet.  Yippee...was able to cut a bunch for the soup...smells so good thru the whole house!
(Roads are looking pretty good - think I will send Tony out for some good bread)!!!


Will add parsley at the last 5 minutes of heating up the soup...(yes 1/4 lb of butter is a necessity!!)

4 comments:

cathie said...

Hey Paula Deen, love all that butter!! The soup looks delish! The perfect meal for a cold, snowy day.
Maybe post the recipe?? XOXO Cathie

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~~
The Soup looks Yummmmy !!!
Sorry the weather is doing you Wrong.
I know at this time of year there is so much to do we
cant afford to loose days. ((((HUGS))))
Keep Warm & Cozy on your .... at Home Days !!!
XOXOXOX

Kate said...

Yummmmm. Can we have the recipe please?

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Simple Recipe...Dice celery (I like lots of celery) onions and potatoes. Fresh parsley if available (I go without instead of using dried). In a pan of water cook celery and onion for 8-10 min....add potatoes and cook till tender (about 10 more min.) Drain, put back in pan add a quart of milk and (ut oh) 1/4 lb. of butter. Heat to perfection and enjoy. Tony says I eat "cracker soup" cause I fill it with crushed OTC crackers. You can add ham....but I don't. ENJOY!!