THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

YOU CAN'T IMAGINE.....

I have a wonderful company that I have purchased Christmas themed bar soaps from -   I am ready to display them -  they come with this cardboard display piece that you have to put together!  MAGIC WORDS...put together.  It comes all folded in a long box.  I tried, and tried, and tried.  Couldn't figure it out- took it home and frustrated Tony too!  Directions made no sense whatsoever!  Yesterday I took it back to the store - and just so happened to have a husband and wife in from South Carolina.  While she was shopping upstairs her husband and I were chatting and he made the "mistake" of saying "I am not an engineer but I figured this out"....totally talking about something other than my display box - he had no idea what was coming at him.  YES, the light bulb went off and I told him if he could put my box together they could have the jar holder they were purchasing "free" !!  His wife joined in and after a bit of a struggle - he figured it out (with her schoolteacher help of course) and (even if he couldn't do it the jar holder was going to be free)!! This is it....looks simple doesn't it...hmmm..it was NOT!
He thought he would "harass" my hubby alittle bit and left this note...(smiling)!!  The couple were here for the very first time...new friends!!!
 
This is the first of four bottles that I have "finally" finished for our Winter Bottle Workshop -
 ..and the back!
Scheduling workshop - Friday, November 16 - 6-9 pm.  More info to come!

***OPEN HOUSE "REKINDLING CHRISTMAS PAST" begins Thursday, November 7
We will be closed Sunday thru Wednesday - Nov. 3,4,5,6 to prepare!

No comments: