THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, June 2, 2013

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!

...to THE CINNAMON STICK!!    Yesterday began "Day One" of our 30th year of being storekeepers!  Even I am saying "how did that happen"!!  I look back at all the people I have met, friends I have made (some that I have lost) This past year had some sadness for me, as a customer that started with me all those years ago...and was a regular... died last August at 83.  I miss you Marge! (she was a creative display genius)!  Retail mistakes that I have made, people I have misjudged...it is all part of those 29 years and I wouldn't do anything differently (well maybe I would make up my mind quicker on some items that I regret now for not purchasing)!!

Tony and I were reflecting on some of the funny stories - like the time we purchased a huge cupboard and had to tie it to the top of our station wagon and all the tires "almost" went flat.  Made it to a gas station just in time!!  We moved alot of antiques thru these years - it has been a great journey and my goal is to STILL be a storekeeper till I am 80!  Then and just then, I may retire.  (or maybe not)!! 

I am truly blessed with being able to do what I love, be a little "different" than some other stores, a husband who loves it all too (and creative to boot)! I am surrounded with good, wholesome and creative people!  There is good and bad in everything, but I promised myself to only spend time on the good..be kind to myself...let the others fend for themselves. 

THE CINNAMON STICK has a lot to be grateful for...thank you sweet friends.  XOXO

5 comments:

Ginny said...

WOW~~Happy Anniversary~~♥

cathie said...

Happy Anniversary Judy and Tony!!
WOW, where does the time go? I have
many fond memories of your store.
Take care. Hope to see you soon.
Cathie xoxoxo!!
ps glad to hear your precious grandbaby is home.

ctlogcabin said...

Oh I'm Late to the Party,
but Happy Anniversary !!!
Congratulations 30 years
is some accomplishment.
You & Tony make the Best
Couple in and out of Business.
Hope I'm still walking around
the Cinnamon Stick when we are
both eighty-ish !!!! :-)
Love & Hugs ~ Connie xox

moosecraft said...

Happy Anniversary! Here's to the next 50! *grin*

Prims By The Water said...

Happy Anniversary Judy and Tony too! Many many more!! Janice