THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, January 3, 2013

GOODMORNING...

It is  brrr...COLD here in PA - bundle up when you come to visit today!!  (this is a subliminal message) !!!

We have noticed a HUGE comeback of vintage canning jars... we have a great supply of them in pints, quarts and 2 quart sizes!!   They are great for storing so many items....in the kitchen and especially in your sewing/craft room. 

...a little story - when my son was born (40 yrs. ago) we were already living in our old farmhouse and were decorating with wonderful old things....it was hard to get people to understand that we REALLY loved the boo-boo's on the furniture. (smiling)!!  Tony came to the hospital with a present for me...not a bouquet of flowers, not a pretty nightie...but a box of pint, bail handled blue canning jars....I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM ALL OVER AGAIN!!   The nurses just shook their heads.  They still sit proudly on my Hoosier. 
In the store we have a hand-out of Ball Jar logos that will date when your jars were made......stop in for your free copy.
..these jars were made between 1923 and 1933


4 comments:

Patti said...

Good Morning Judy, It is a cold one here in my neck of the woods! I love the story about your gift of canning jars....who needs flowers when you rather have jars...I am right there with ya! Have a great day!
Patti

Primitive Stars said...

CCCCold here to, love the Ball Jar story, to cute...I love mine to, keep them in the kitchen in a screened cupboard to enjoy...... Blessings Francine, oh ya, Love the Header picture!!!

earlene said...

Cool!!...and I adore your sweet header picture!!!!
I have a bunch of Ball Jars in my pantry..never tire of them. I think this Spring I will do a display in my bay window buttery.
enjoy!
Earlene

ctlogcabin said...

Hi Judy ~~~ I too Love the
header photo and message.
Too Cute ... Your Guy sure new
the way to his Gals Heart.
I Love my old canning jars.
Keep Warm & Cozy My Friend,
it's bitter cold here in CT
I'm up close an personal with
the wood stove. :-)
Love & Hugs ~~ xox