THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, December 14, 2012

TWO WEEKS OLD....

...sooooo it seems "terrariums" are becoming really popular again....what goes around comes around is certainly true!  I made my first (and only) terrarium 40 years ago.   I keep seeing terrariums being advertised in different catalogs.  Some of my friends, from a retail blog that I am on,  have been selling these bobbles for a while now.  (I am always a step behind)!!  So I decided I would give it a try again  - in (of all things) a clear Christmas ball.  
The scavanger in me - went outside - stoled some soil from a summer pot - some moss from under a tree - and the tinest little sprig of johhny-jump-up that was still alive.  (my johnnies are still blooming)!  After "maneuvering" them into the tiny hole in the Christmas ball, I hung it in a window at the store....two weeks and still thriving!!  Maybe my thumb is starting to turn green after all this time!!

2 comments:

moosecraft said...

Pretty darn cool! I hope it blooms!

wendy bisbort said...

cool! who would have thought?