THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, December 16, 2012

EVERYONE IS TOUCHED BY TRAGEDY....

My daughter is a second grade teacher - in her 19th (maybe 20th)yikes! - year of teaching. This is what she posted on her facebook page. ....the responses from her fellow teachers and parents of students was amazing to read....She is a beautiful woman inside and out - a wonderful wife....a fantastic mother to 4 amazing sons - and a daughter her father and I are proud of beyond life itself...I LOVE YOU SHANNON with all that I am...


If we take one thing from this tragedy it should be to love each other more. Not just your own children, but everyone. Be kind to all those you meet, especially the most miserable ones, for those are the people that need your love the most. I am proud to be a teacher. It is a blessing and a priviledge. This tragedy reminds all teachers of the enormity of our role. Love the students who enter your classroom with all your heart. Give them your best each day. Appreciate the impact and responsibility you have and keep them safe. Tomorrow going to be an emotional day...wish us luck. May God send love and the right words our way.

...and her  response to a comment..

When I am done talking to my class they'll be convinced that I taught Kung Fu Panda everything he knows. I'll be wearing green and white to honor Newtown and a black belt to convince my kids I can protect them no matter what. I don't want them to have fear...that feeling just sucks.

7 comments:

Ginny said...

You have a very special daughter, sending prayers for her, her class, for children everywhere and Newtown, CT.

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Thank you Ginny...yes, she is special and prayers are what we all need right now.

Karen said...

Judy,
What a wonderful daughter you have.
I love her response.
Blessings to her and all the teachers out there that have this roll to teach and protect our children. A wonderful woman.
Karen

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Thank you Karen...I don't think it is realized how many people/children something like this affects. None of us will ever be the same.

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~~
Sending Love, Hugs,
& Prayers to Shannon.
May God watch over Teachers and
Students Everywhere. xox

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Love you Connie..!!

bettyj said...

LOVE her response and her students will believe every word she says! They will feel safe. My son, daughter in law, niece,granddaughter and several of my friends are teachers. I am praying for every teacher today. I