THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

STORE DIDN'T FARE AS WELL AS HOME...

Just came home from a very trying day in Hereford.  No electric, heat or phone and open house in 3 days..!!  I tried to bring things up from the basement with using a flashlight (it is DARK down there) and was able to decorate one tree - put some Christmas fabric around - but not much else.   Will try to get there early tomorrow morning and see what I can get accomplished....maybe we will have the electric back....(wishing - praying - fingers  crossed) !!!
This is what I found when I pulled in the parking lot....other than my sign on the front porch post being totally destroyed, everything was in good shape - EXCEPT NO LIGHTS!!
Tony made me this outhouse when the store was in Morgantown....and I have to say in those 20 years only one other time did it topple over (and we think someone gave it a push)...when we were in  the Morgantown store...."Sandy" had some very strong winds as this outhouse is very heavy!!
It is still raining here - sometimes very hard - I really need some sunshine!!!

2 comments:

bettyj said...

so sorry you have no electric and the open house coming up.Hopefully all will be well by then. I remember my dad telling stories about the "real" outhouses being toppled on halloween.lol

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh my goodness, I'm sure glad you are safe and sound. Loosing power is a bummer though, especially right before your open house. Hope it's a big ($$$$$) success!