THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND...

...I will miss you so much.  
It is not every day someone touches your life the way Marge did mine.  I had a little store in our home...one day Marge came in an wanted to know if I wanted to purchase hand towels that she and her friend Loma were making - it was my first time meeting her.  They always made beautiful items for the church bazaars and auctions.   Loma would do the sewing and Marge would do the stenciling (stenciling was really big back then - 29 years ago) AND I sold many, many hand towels, pillows and baskets made by the two friends.
Marge was 83 years old....and never did she ever ever ever say to me...." I am down sizing"....NEVER....(she loved it all)...I hear that all the time from customers...but never from Marge...she was a decorator inside and out - always on the look out for something new and exciting  - it was so much fun for her to create, paint a whole room from top to bottom, rearrange and rearrange again.  She would come to the store and get ideas,  take a hammer and nail in hand and make something out of nothing.  She followed me to the Morgantown store and then here in Hereford....she was my buddy.  I loved all our conversations  - Marge has five children - who she loved so very much and all those grandchilden she was so very proud of !  (they would be surprised to know what I know) (big smile)!!  I know her children, her sister-in-law, cousins and many of her friends, as she always brought them to the store - I am told it was her favorite store.
Tonight when Tony and I went to say good-bye - in her casket was a rabbit named "Parsley" that I made many years ago....I lost it when I saw it there.... she would always talk about the bunnies I made years ago as being her favorite things. 
You are a "GRAND LADY" MY FRIEND - and I will miss you very much...Rest in Peace Marge...until we meet again...Love you XO, Judy 

5 comments:

DJ's Farmette said...

Such a sweet post. I dont know either of you, but this was so touching. Thanks for the reminder of how "our everyday friends" are so precious and time is so fleeting.

ctlogcabin said...

Dear Judy ~~
What a Beautiful Post ....
you were both Blessed to share
in a True Friendship.
So Sorry for your loss.
May Marge Rest in Peace.
Love & Hugs ~~ Connie xox

denise said...

so sorry to hear about your friend. i lost the same kind of sweet friend almost 3 years ago and i miss her still today. denise

Penny said...

So sorry to hear about your loss.... she sounds like a wonderful friend.

Ginny said...

thinking of you and sending hugs to comfort you.