THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

AUTUMN BLESSINGS..

“I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion” Henry David Thoreau

Now me...I would LOVE to sit on a VELVET PUMPKIN with all my friends!
About velvet -

Velvet is a luxurious fabric with a history that dates back thousands of years. In many ages and cultures, velvet was a highly prized textile which symbolized wealth, power and prestige. The pile weave that characterizes velvet gives it a rich look that is often associated with royalty. Thanks to modern manufacturing methods, this rich fabric that was once reserved for the elite is now available at reasonable prices!  Catie Watson

... ...and now we turn velvet into pumpkins...how times do change!

We sell a nice white cotton velvet at the store - it can be dyed any color - just like the orange pumpkins we have for sale - dyed with Rit's Sunshine Orange.
 


Looks like it is going to be a lovely day today!!!

2 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Looks like you're just having too much fun out there in PA! Don't you LOVE this time of year? Can't believe that I'm already thinking Christmas though. Have a great fall!

Prims By The Water said...

Love your store pics Judy. Where can I get my hands on one of those Halloween Christmas trees? Take care and wished I lived closer. Janice