THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, February 12, 2012

PINCUSHIONS..

Did you ever count how many "pincushions" you have...my "non-sewing" friend has double the amount of me and I sew all the time!!   Since there are so many unique variations of pin keeps and cushions, using every known medium out there, I think most "ladies" have a pincushion or make-do pin keep of some type !  Here are a few that I have been working on. 
 They are made of fabric and a salt/pepper shaker lid is carefully glued to the top - using the holes to put your pins in!  Fun !!
This was an open top lid that I made a "cushion" for and then glued it onto the bottom...
..view of the tops
Not my original idea - Vicki S. made us each one at our Christmas gathering as a hostess gift...hers was much tinier and I am going to "try" (keyword is try) to make some "tiny" ones too.  
These are for sale in the store now...don't you just think they are the "cat's meow" !!!  XO

3 comments:

denise said...

yes,they are. they are adorable!

ctlogcabin said...

These are Adorable !! As a non sewer,
I have loads ... cause they do come in all sizes, and styles.
I can always use another one. ;-) xox

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Hi Judy, sure wish you could stop over for a cup of coffee! Business has been a lot better this year than last. Love your little pinkeeps, they are adorable. I sure want to make it out your way one of these days. Have a great week, Dawn