THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, January 22, 2012

STRAWBERRIES!!

Apologies to those who follow me and have me on their sidebar with the post that said testing....I thought I could just delete it and didn't figure it would show up anywhere....duh!! (I was trying something)

So tonight I visit (as I do everyday) Lori's from Notforgotten Farm blog  http://www.farmhousenotforgotten.blogspot.com/    and she has a post on strawberries she is making for a winter market she is doing.  Never ever thought of displaying berries before May...and even more so in June - our berry picking time.
However one of the artist who makes for the store came in last week and asked if I remembered what she sold me some berries for - and I remembered that I had a bag or two left over and went to the summer bin and pulled them out to check the price.  Since they were out I left them on my counter and the very next customer comes in and wants to purchase them...stating that Valentine's Day always makes her think of strawberries...???  So hey - maybe someone else thinks this way too so I got another bag and some loose berries and they are selling!!  Maybe it is that "chocolate covered strawberry" delight that makes one think of berries at Valentine's Day!!  I think I will sew up some velvet strawberries tomorrow !!
Thanks for the inspiration Lori!!!

5 comments:

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

It is a wonderful idea. I think you are right about the chocolate covered strawberries. Whatever the reason
good for your sales!
Hugs,
Susan

gail said...

You just never know what someone is going to buy. It's always good to try others ideas.You probably have some other buried treasures in your stock.

Cottonwood Lane Primitives said...

I always associate them with summer too, but a couple of vendors were selling them at the antique show I attended last weekend, so thanks for posting about this! ~Roberta

Fran. said...

I love those strawberries!! Kinda makes you think of summer but maybe it's the red color too? Anyways good for you, right? Thanks for sharing!! XO Fran.

Prims By The Water said...

I to visited Lori's blog and thought...geez I should be making some strawberries for the store right now...great idea! Stay warm Judy, Janice