THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, January 29, 2012

MASON JARS...

It seems olde canning/mason jars are making a HUGE comeback and not only in the world of "country" !!  Of course some of us never saw them leave!!    Having the store I see some trends "come and go" - however, olde jars and bottles seem to be a staple.  My "vast" collection of "buttons" came from collecting olde jars - whenever, I found a jar that I "had" to have, it was usually filled with buttons!  A commitment to "waste not want not" -  I find myself taking the buttons off of worn out shirts (mostly Tony's) that are going to the rag bin just like my great-grandmother always did.  (I wish I had her button jars)!

Tony has been busy busy busy - cleaning jars - mostly quarts and 2 quarts as the pints are getting harder to find here lately.  He works very hard cleaning the zinc lids of all the minerals from years of water baths - so that you can use them without fear of  "yuck" !!  I go in "binges" where all my jars are on my kitchen counters and on my Hoosier - and then I put them all away in the cupboards.  I store everything from food, nails, coins and of course buttons in them.  

If you "need" some storage jars - you know where to come!!

4 comments:

denise said...

i love old jars,too! denise

ctlogcabin said...

Me Too ... I Love Old Jars !!
I have everything in jars ... cant wait to come in and see whats "Happening" at the Cinnamon Stick. xox

Joanne said...

flour, corn starch, peppermint candies, sugar, peanuts, my Nana's silver flatware set in a large ball jar, buttons, floss, tea bags, well i could go on on what i keep in the old jars!

summersundays-jw said...

I was recently in Pottery Barn & they're reproducing the old ones. Had them all over the store with old milk bottle reproductions. Love it!