THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, October 30, 2011

WHO DO I THANK ???

Benjamen Franklin - Thomas Edison - or the Met-Ed workman who finally  "after 2 days" got our electric back on.  I have to say it is really REALLY hard not having electric.   We have NO water (well) - which means brushing your teeth with a bottle of water and a cup - not fun !!  You cannot "flush"....that is REALLY NO FUN!!   Using a wet wash cloth to "try" and mat down the bed head - (I won't go on)...Just THANK YOU everyone who has anything to do with ELECTRIC !! 
There is NO electric at the store either...still none at this moment.  Did I tell you I have 3 days to take all the fall/Halloween down - CLEAN - and redecorate for our Christmas open house....hmmmmm.  IN THE DARK!!  Our store is in "the country"...pure country (I love it there) however, always the last to get service back.  Not sure how I can undecorate - clean - and redecorate without electric power....Everything is in the basement that has to come up and the rest must go down...in the dark...with only one hand to hold a flashlight...(do you feel sad for me yet??)  
Okay, venting is over.....it is what it is and I will just deal with it.....BUT PLEASE NO MORE SNOW AND GET ME SOME ELECTRIC!!!
(sigh)

3 comments:

kim said...

Light the oil lamps!:) It will feel like Christmas with the warm glow!
take care
Kim

Joanne said...

sorry you lost your Electric both the shop and home - sucks - no other words to say.

Holly Hills Primitives said...

I feel your pain! Hope your power comes back on tonight. I'm going to start packing, moving and decorating on Wednesday - still sewing, painting, and creating at home until then. Whew! The joys of being a shopkeeper... Dawn