THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

PROGRESS...

Brrrrrrr...chilly this morning...a great "fall" day!  I did make some "progress" yesterday and would have made more IF I wouldn't stop to "play"!!  How come I get the most creative when I am too busy to be so???
Back to the store this morning....and first on the agenda is to get my Christmas fabric ironed and ready to put on the tables and shelves.   I am "one of those" that HAS to have doilies everywhere.  Pieces of cloth bring a softness to a piece of furniture or shelf.  (and they don't have to match) !!  I remember when The Seraph first came out with repro homespun fabric for sale (Connie - Log Cabin Primitives can relate as she was a "talent" at Seraph).  It was $9. a yard - alot of money 28 years ago....But I had to have it and still have pieces of the original yardage.  Of course, I have vintage homespun but most of that I have sold.....(see how I go off in tangents ?? Can you imagine how many times I stray from a job at hand....yi yi yi !!
I am humming (and sometimes "belting out") Christmas Carols to keep the "jolly" in what I am doing...the painter was working on the back porch yesterday and I am sure he could hear me as when I left for the day he put his head down (probably couldn't keep a straight face)...LOL!!  Oh well...might as well be known as the "crazy lady" at THE CINNAMON STICK...!!
Hope you make alot of "PROGRESS" today in whatever you are doing!!!

3 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy ... Love those deep window sills, and your Christmas vignette !!
I'm so excited to see all that you do !!
Homespun old & new is still a favorite and yes $9.00 a yard ... years ago seemed steep, especially if you were buying enough to make curtains. :-)
Keep on singing & creating my Friend !!
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Penny said...

Oh my.... love those deep window sills, too!!! Wonderful little places to decorate and you did a great job with your Christmas vignette! Makes me want to start bringing up the boxes of my holiday decorations and have at it! I do think I will get out my Christmas c.d.'s, however, and have my own little sing-along here at home! The season goes by sooooo quickly and I do love the music so much -- might as well start early and enjoy!!
Hope to visit you at your shop sometime before the holidays! Have a great day.....

Nettie said...

Judy.... So ready for your Christmas decorations and the window looks great.... Hope I can make it to your Christmas open house..... If I can I will be there.... Love Nettie