THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, October 24, 2011

MONDAY MORNINGS....

It is Monday - AGAIN~~time seems to be going so fast lately...hard to get a grip on everything that has to be done.
Sadly, Tony's brother passed away Saturday evening and we have alot on the agenda this week with our personal lives. 
We will be closed on Friday, October 28th ~~~otherwise life goes on as normal as it can be.  

Today I am going to focus on pricing Christmas trimmings for the store and getting as much ready as I possibly can for our Old-Fashioned Christmas!! (it is good to stay busy)!!
I get these ideas in my head and (I know I drive Tony crazy)...sometimes just can't shake them....the outside of the store is being "refreshed" by the landlords and the RAIN has put a damper on our outside decorations as they can't get the painting completed.  Now again....more rain is expected and my "ideas" may not be able to get done....sigh!!!  Tony did  put the "lights" back up and we removed the hay bales...but will leave the pumpkins till the weekend...(I can't believe I am talking about decorating for Christmas)!!
I am getting excited though....as I open boxes of goodies we will be presenting to you....such great stuff!!!
I am such a "last minute" decorater....I truly have no idea what I am doing until I do it.   Sometimes that can be very frustrating....UNTIL...it hits me and then I usually have to hustle, hustle, hustle.....(think I am getting too old for too much hustling)!!
Off to make some "progress"....that is my word this week....

7 comments:

Penny said...

My sympathy on the loss of Tony's brother.... I hope you and the family are holding up under the circumstances. You are right, keeping busy is the best thing you can do to get through -- and it sure does sound like you have a lot going on there at the Cinnamon Stick!! It is truly hard to believe that Halloween is almost here, and then the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays begin!! Where does time go?

Again, condolences on your family's loss... prayers for comfort to you all.

cathie said...

We're very sorry for your loss. Please give Tony a hug from us. Keep busy??? Is there EVER a time when you are NOT busy??? I get tired sometimes just reading your posts!!
You'll be in our prayers, stay strong.

ctlogcabin said...

Our Deepest Sympathy on your loss .... please give Tony our condolences.
Loved your Christmas Flyer that came in my email and all your teaser pictures. Cant wait till I am walking through the shop and sharing in the Joy !!
Sending Prayers, Love & Hugs. Connie xox

Ginny said...

Les & I will keep you and Tony in our prayers at this difficult time for you and your family.

Jessica @Blessings in the Country said...

My condolences on the loss of Tony's brother. Keeping busy is good. I hope the store stuff can get done so you can decorate. Decorating is such fun. Love that stocking you posted. :)

Blessings, Jessica

Holly Hills Primitives said...

So very sorry to hear about Tony's brother. Give him my best. We're hustling here too, I'm going to close the shop next Thurs and Fri to decorate! Won't be ready before that - still sewing!!! Have some fun, that's what this is all about. Right? Dawn

Nettie said...

Judy ....sorry to hear of your lost...you ane Tony are in my prayers.....love Nettie