THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, August 12, 2011

WHERE HAVE I BEEN...??

Hard to believe I haven't posted in 6 days....not like me but goes to show you how dedicated I am to getting the store ready for fall and Halloween.  (or maybe I was just having more fun reading other blogs)!!!   It is sort of an "inbetween" time right now....too early for Halloween (and that is what we do best) and getting late for summer.  I am "gradually" putting summer florals away and replacing them with the beautiful shades of orange, rust, gold and browns, along with changing the fabrics that cover the display pieces.  The store is starting to take on a "look of Autumn" !!
Joanne brought me a wonderful selection of hooked mats and pillows....she is an excellent "hooker" and amazingly fast (once she gets those fingers going look out!).
Here's a peek -

 I asked her for an "owl"...this is her design and soooooo cool!!!


 If you are interested in any of these - call or stop in the store .   There are more to see!!

Tony and I are always saying how SPOILED are grands are....they do have everything under the sun, but they are such wonderful kids...loving, polite, honest, and only fight with each other alittle bit!!  My DIL posted pics of the four oldest (new baby Trilby is 3 weeks old) of them helping her do "her" chores and I just had to let them know how proud I am of them helping out!!!
Anthony - weed wacking...
Kennedy - skimming
 Champ - mowing
 Blakely - sweeping
Trilby - loving her Mom !!
Have a wonderful day today...I plan to have one too!!

5 comments:

kelley said...

Wonderful seeing the photos of Joanne's work in your shop...hope they fly off the shelves and out of the baskets...if I wasn't a hooker myself I'd have to have a few!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

I'm a fan of Joanne's work :). Love those prodded sunflower bowl fillers!
The kids are BIG helpers! Love the shot of Trilby and her Mom. Priceless :)

Joanne said...

Greeat photos - great kids helping out their parents with those chores - now me - I'm loving those black cats! So cool!

ctlogcabin said...

Love the photos of the Grands helping with the chores, Great Kids !! And MoM and Baby so darn Sweet !! Judy love the basket of Cats and the Tag is the Cats Meow !! xox

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh my gosh, I'm crazy about all of your new hooked goodies. Do you ship??? Talk to you soon, Dawn