THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

STARTED SLOWLY BUT...

I have to admit it wasn't easy getting started to put some of the fall out yesterday...BUT I did manage to get the counter decorated.  For some reason it just felt weird...I have always held off and never rushed the seasons - I am really going thru this "tug of war" with decorating right now.   I am use to tearing the whole store apart....moving all the displays around and doing and redoing and doing and redoing  (in two days)....that for some reason this seemed  just too "easy" - taking one's time and making it more "play" than a "job" !!  That should be a good thing right!!!  I know this morning I will go in and make another display....I know it....it is just who I am...I can never let "well enough alone" !!  (rolling my eyes)!!
I am having trouble with my camera...(I know it is me) so the pictures are not great...but this is what got accomplished!!

Little by little...little by little....now I have to go find a tree - a friend from a private blog made this wonderful tree for her front store window and I just have to copy it....(she is in New Hampshire and it is fine with her) !!  Every year we have had some kind of a unique Autumn tree....one year curly willow, another our Christmas tree that turned orange, and last year the dead arborvitae from Home Depot (remember that story?)  Tony and I have both been searching but not coming up with anything until I saw Lisa's....can't wait to try it!!! 
Happy Wednesday sweet friends!!!

4 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy .... Love seeing some Fall out already, cant wait to visit. I have always placed a pumpkin out someplace here at the cabin on the first day of Aug. It could be inside or outside on the property ... drives my hubby nuts. lol xox

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

It looks awesome!! Oh my goodness I just am fighting the holidays coming like crazy ~ I cannot believe it!

Prims By The Water said...

Love the Fall items you have brought in!! I spot some items that we currently have in our store right now...antiques I mean..I'm fighting myself to add the Fall stuff..but I have the urge to. Take care and love those coleus plants! Janice

moosecraft said...

I'm intrigued by this year's tree already! The shop is looking great! Cooled me just seeing pumpkins and the colors of fall!