THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, August 28, 2011

FAREWELL IRENE...

Thank goodness that is over with - we faired quite well and were very lucky.  The electric went off and on a few times but stayed on!  The  orange cords are all wrapped up and put "out of service" for (hopefully) a long, long time!  It is still quite windy here and the sky is very eerie looking


I was going to open the store today and then I wasn't and then I was....well I didn't - listening to the news there are so many creeks and streams that overflowed and closed roads I just didn't want to get caught in that.  Right on  Route 100 (the main road to the store) there is a stream going through farmland and it always floods the road so I thought it better to stay home. 
Tony went out at 6 am to help our son (owns Fast-Pro Restoration)...he does the water clean-up and he had over 50 calls with basements flooding.  What a mess- crews will be out all night it seems! 

I wanted to get pics of all the wonderful goodies the girls made to share with you  - I plan on going to the store tomorrow (clean, price, decorate) so I will take some pictures!    It is "Back to School" for all my grands tomorrow (and my daughter) - they are excited to start the new school year.   Football (3 play) Soccer (2 play) Cheerleading (2 cheer) - going to be a very busy fall !! (can't wait) !!!


2 comments:

Joanne said...

Glad you fared so well! Wonder if you would have gone to the store if anyone was out shopping today?

Cabin Fever Primitives said...

Mother Nature has a fierce voice at times, glad things are OK with you. I live only 30 minutes from Joplin, Mo where a devastating tornado struck this past May. I know very well how upsetting Mother Nature can be.
Enjoy your blog and all your store pics.
Connie