THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

JUST WHEN YOU THINK...

...there isn't anything "new" to do!!!  Something POPS up - I have been working on making "FAIRY DUST SACHETS" for sale in the store and thought it would be fun to offer a workshop in making them for yourself.  Neat little thank-you and remembrance sachets to give to someone special.  

True Story - when I was making these at my counter (where there is always something going on and messes being made) - a gentleman browsing - asked what I was making.  I showed him and he put on a big smile...and said his wife believed in fairies.  He went on to tell me his wife had passed on.  Boldly, I gave him a packet and told him next time he visited her to sprinkle it all around.  It was like a lot of memories were passing before his eyes - they were twinkling - and all his "aches and pains went away for awhile!!  My point....a simple act of kindness doesn't cost much but sometimes brings big rewards.

That got me thinking I should offer a workshop in making these simple little gifts - so this Thursday, June 9th and next Thursday, June 16th we are opening our Attic Studio from 12pm to 4pm for anyone who might want to come create.    Go to  www.picturetrail.com/thecinnamonstick     - click on Class Schedule for all the details!  

6 comments:

Cathie said...

How wonderful you are. Your story brought tears to my eyes. God bless you. XOXO Cathie

Joanne said...

I bet that gentlemen is still smiling! Wonderful!

Ginny said...

What a sweet story. Hugs to you for making a memory become special for him.

gail said...

he will remember your kindness forever!

Mammy said...

What a sweet person you are! I'm sure he will do exactly what you told him to do. Blessings to you today!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Darling! When I had my herb shop and gardens we especially enjoyed showing kids how to make their own faerie dust...and we hosted a faerie festival, which is still going on after 20 years. So wonderful.

checking in on you.

All joys,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island