THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WHERE IS THE SUN??

My goodness rainy days are getting to become the "norm" around here...the woods are so lush and green and trying to get the grass cut (not my job)..is a real chore.   I really don't want to complain but we need some sunshine and warm "summery" days to get those strawberries all ripe and ready to enjoy....I have a favorite "patch" I go to pick them and not looking forward to be "wading" in mud!  
Till then......I will just have to keep creating fun little berries like this one -
Just a mere 3 inches tall - cotton berry, wool hull, tiny vintage spool wrapped in old dictionary page.
 Strawberry soup - old ladle holding a strawberry ...sweet!!
...love this idea...it is a "baby spoon" Tony flattened and I stamped "JOY" on it...great package tie on.....

.... or you can do this....


3 comments:

moosecraft said...

I have two flats of flowers I am trying to plant between the raindrops! Hear me quacking? lol! Cute strawberries! The flattened spoon is a great idea... especially for baby showers and even bridal shower favors! Can you fit a name and date on those? Some nice ribbon.... some tuile with candies.... Fun!

Nettie said...

Hi Judy ....when you find the sun let me know...
Nettie

Anonymous said...

speaking of strawberries....
we picked 24 quarts of them on saturday!!!!! in one hour !! jam and short cake all around!!!!
all your strawberries at the shop
look good enough to eat too!!!
happy spring miss judy....

jennifer and jim in williamsburg