THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

RADISHES AND CHIVES..

When I went to the store yesterday to "mess around" (bought new goodies on Monday and had to get them priced)...I checked out our herb garden (really needs alot of clean-up - rain rain go away and the cold, windy weather too) anyway - the chives looked so perky and pretty that I grabbed a handful and brought them home to serve this today in the store:

RADISH & CHIVE SPREAD

8 oz. cream cheese softened
1 T. butter (a must)
1 c. red radishes
1/2 c. fresh chives
1/2 t. salt
Cream butter and cream cheese - add
finely cut radishes ( I use a food chopper) and the chives (I use kitchen shears) and salt
Mix well with mixer - refrigerate
Serve with crackers or veggies!!
This is always a customer favorite in the store - I serve it on "butterfly crackers" from Pepperidge Farm.

Also brought this wonderful piece in for sale....

21 drawers - just waiting for you to fill with anything you want!!  Forgot to get the dimensions...will do that today!
The sun is shining but it is too chilly to get out in the garden...so guess I will just have to stay indoors and play today!

7 comments:

moosecraft said...

Hi Judy! I'll be visiting you Thursday or Friday!!!!

Prims By The Water said...

Good morning Judy, What a wonderful old piece with great patina....I wish I lived closer to you...but hubby is glad I don't. LOL. Oh and I just have to try your radish dip..looks like it would be tasty! Have a great day! Janice

Patti said...

YUm...thanks for sharing that recipe! Love that box! I hope all this rainy cold weather is behind us. May your Shop be filled with many Shoppers this week...take care. Hope to come and visit again.
~~Patti~~

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Yummy, that dip sounds delish! I'll give it a try soon. I'm going to the shop to play today too. Have fun, Dawn

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing the dip recipe. Love the box. Looks like an old card catalog? I have one similar but not as many drawers. I keep spice jars in mine. Have a good day.

Joanne said...

Love the new piece! The dip looks yummy!

Living in Simple Times said...

How much are you asking for the box/card catalog? This would make a wonderful display piece. Thanks so much for recipe.