THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, April 3, 2011

OPENING DAY AT THE LOCAL FLEA MARKET...

It was the first day of our local flea market and we (Tony and I) were there as the sun rose (it was quite pretty).  Not going to talk much about the weather as it was very cold and windy - but the vendors were there all bundled up and many shoppers! 
We found two nice old wooden wagon wheels...plant stand...some spoons for my herb markers...some really cool old door numbers (had to put out more $$'s than I wanted for them but they are pretty unique)...cast iron chicken feeders (2)...and forgetting what else!  All will be in the store as Tony  gets it cleaned up.  Oh yeah...some old bottles (I am really low on them as "sprig" season is upon us and I like to wire them and fill with herbal sprigs).

Terri  (Olde Button Tin) brought in these "Posie Pockets" all lined with much handwork on them...$20. each...you really NEED to have one of these - wish my pictures did them justice.
She also brought us the most amazing dolls....all looking so old and worn....not dirty or messy....Terri makes her dolls look like they have been well loved for many, many years with lots of handstitching....they are to be treasured. 
The sun is shining bright and I think everyone should come shopping at THE CINNAMON STICK today!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Yea the market is open - Woohoo! Sounds like you done good! I was hoping to get there today but not sure! Hopefully next weekend! Oooh lala love those posie pockets

Prims By The Water said...

Our flea market opens up next Tuesday and we cannot wait!! I am sure you and Tony are like Bob and I...can't wait to get there and find all kinds of treasures to buy..I am loving this time of the year for sure! Janice

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Wish the sun was shining in Holly, Michigan!!! Yesterday we had rain, snow and sleet and today it is just really overcast. Where the heck is spring??? Dawn