THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

IT IS HERE...

...Easter Week...it has been a long time coming!   With 8 little grandchildren the holidays are filled with anticipation and excitement  around here!  Easter baskets are lined up waiting to be filled - cartons of eggs in the refrigertor waiting to be hard boiled and dyed in a rainbow of colors.  With both my children having four children (and one on the way) you NEED LOTS OF EGGS TO DYE!  So we will be eating - pickled eggs, deviled eggs and egg salad till we look like an egg.  Are you in the same boat??  Here is a delicious recipe for you to use some of those eggs....

LAVENDER EGG SALAD
The Rosemary House, Mechanicsburg, PA
10 hard boiled eggs, chopped fine
1 teaspoon curry
1 Tablespoon lavender blossoms, dried
1/3 - 1/2 cup mayonnaise
white bread
( I also like to chop some celery in this recipe and use a bit more mayonnaise)

I have served this at our Herb Faire the past two years and really it is delicious!   You can purchase "culinary lavender" at THE CINNAMON STICK or where I get it -  http://www.crowsnestprimitiveshoppe.com/    !!  OR you can purchase "lavender plants" at our Herb Faire beginning May 4th....(please weather turn warm) and grow your own!  More about our Herb Faire soon....!!!

5 comments:

moosecraft said...

Oh YUM! I do like egg salad... the culinary lavender has me curious. Deviled eggs are my favorite though! Looking forward to the herb fair!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I am definitely stealing this recipe!!! *wink*
Beth

Joanne said...

Hippity Hoppity Easter on it's way....lalalalalala

Kathy (woolfind) said...

How wonderful to be having a house FULL!! I am bummed this year. Kids are grown and one is on a diet. so the traditional Easter Basket is no longer :(. Will have to wait on Grandkids to start all over again. But..... I can wait lol.

The Summer Porch said...

That's alot of eggs! :) I do wish I lived closer I really would love to attend your herb faire. I just love your header. Thanks for the recipe I love to try out new things.
Happy Easter Judy.
Rosemary...XX