THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SHOPPING SPREE...

Today was a "fun" day shopping with Joanne...I took her to a favorite antique store in an old Grist Mill..and she took me to all these wonderful stores that I had "heard" of but never had the chance to go!!    I found some goodies that will be in the store tomorrow and a few Tony will have to do his "magic" on - some fun stuff.  Even some goodies for the "make-do" room.   We had a "sinful" lunch at the Souderton Train Depot...it was a nice day out without thinking of all the "cleaning" that was waiting for me at home.  Joanne has a wonderful home decorated with EVERYTHING  I love and lots and lots of quilts and hooked rugs...I was in awe!

On Saturday my DIL and two grandaughters stopped in to say hello and find some Easter treasures...the girls were upstairs in the "Make-Do Room" when we heard this  (gosh I don't know how to describe it) well...something spilled like 20 pearl necklaces falling to the floor (just floor boards - no rugs ) so when someone drops something it ALWAYS sounds much worse than it is....The little grandaughter stood at the top of the steps forbidding her Mom to come up (well you know that didn't last long...LOL!!)  It was a drawer full of "buttons" (and they picked up every single one) Some even fell thru the cracks in the boards to the first floor! ---I have this antique button display tin and never thought that this might happen to a customer....little drawers open from the back - here is a picture...
Guess I better put a sign up telling customers the drawers might stick alittle bit......
Hope you had a day full of fun like Joanne and I!!

8 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Sounds like you had a great day with your friend. Oops - those little grands sure don't mean to spill things Grandma! Can't wait to see what you got, Dawn

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Sounded like a Wonderful Full day!! Joanne is a lot of fun to be with. She certainly knows a lot of places to visit and shop :)

kim said...

Maybe a little wax on the edges? Grandma put her wax on everything that would stick! lol Would love to "spill" that myself!lol
take care
Kim

Joanne said...

Yes it was a fun day! thank you! and Thank you for lunch! And get this - I remembered a place I could have taken you - one I haven't been to either and wanted to check out - Dern it! It was on the "route"!

moosecraft said...

Oh Boo-Hoo! I missed out on the fun AGAIN! lol! ;-) I'll be out your way soon, Judy!

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Sharon...remember you have a $25. gift certificate waiting for you at the store!!! Woohoo!!! Judy

Prims By The Water said...

Gotta love the grandchildren...I have two myself Judy. LOL..cannot wait to see what goodies you brought..

On another note...do you still have more of those Easter Pillows?...would love to purchase one from you. let me know. Thanks!

Janice

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I love it....it was raining BUTTONS!!
Sounds like you've had some fun! Good for you! Shopkeepers need fun too!!
Beth