THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, March 12, 2011

NEVER A DULL MOMENT....

...at THE CINNAMON STICK....honestly - what happens here never stays here - THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT!!
Let me start at the beginning....yesterday afternoon three customers were in the store...one was downstairs with me and two other upstairs - a gentleman came down and told me he could hear something making noise in the attic...????????WHAT!!!  - like something maybe "furry" !!  So BRAVELY I go upstairs and Amy (another customer) tells me she heard it too (in the Attic Studio) and thought it might be a bird.  I open the door  - peeked - (I am not very good with this issue at all) and don't see anything...Amy says "let me look" and she spies a bird...at the tiny attic window and VOLUNTEERS to try and capture the poor thing.  Getting an old hat box from the Make-Do Room she proceeds up the steps while Abby (her daughter) and I stay on the second floor with the door to the attic closed....(hey if she needed a "quick" escape I would have opened it)!  After about 20 minutes.....this is what happened -
Amy with a captured sweet little bird in the hat box ready to go out the back door - Abby so proud of her MOM - look at that smile!

READY - SET - GO !!
He wouldn't fly away....so frightened - so alittle shake of the box and ....
....off he went into the "wild blue yonder" !!!
DO I HAVE THE BESTEST CUSTOMERS OR WHAT!!!  Cause I can tell you - I would NEVER have been able to do that...no way...no how...THANK YOU AMY!!!  (there was a surprise in her sack when she left - oh yeah...that was  BIG capturing that bird for me!!)

On a sweeter note.....the "ARE THERE FAIRIES AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR GARDEN" booklets are back in stock...
...signed by Betsy herself!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you had a customer who could help. I would have had to close off the room and waited on DH to have come to the resue. I don't even like to be in a store and a bird loose. I was set up at a craft show once and the old building we were sitting up around was full of piegons. Needless to say I was helping a customer and a piegon decided my shirt was a good place to "do his business" Guess it made a lasting impression. Not to fond of birds. Have a good weekend.

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Holy cow! I would have been OUT OF THERE! I am terrified of birds flying around in a building. Thank goodness for Amy! Glad you have such great customers, Dawn

moosecraft said...

Wow! What an exciting story! Glad that Amy was brave and careful enough to save the birdie and set him free!

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

What an exciting day!
I thought maybe when someone heard noises it might have been your resident ghost!
Glad it was just a bird trying to find a way out.

Karen

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

I'm so happy to see that Betsy is still publishing...I took a wreath making class with her many years ago and she was delightful. I've often wondered what she is doing now.

And goodness, yes...you DO have wonderful customers! :)

Rhonda

Joanne said...

Now the C Stick is Hereford's Bird Sanctuary - Who knew!