THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, February 28, 2011

WHO AM I ???

I suppose I really haven't given it much thought, but a couple things have been brought to my attention....about a year ago a friend told me I was "bright and glittery" and not very prim....yesterday a friend said another shopkeeper told her that I changed the store to "Contemporary"( I don't even know what that means??) - now all this has made me take a good look at myself and try to figure "just who am I" !!   So .......I walked around the store today and took note and the first thing I saw was this....

...a nice prim stool -
....then a nice prim stool with a feed measure on it -

and then a feed measure filled with prim carrots-
....then a nice old feed measure filled with glittery eggs...Oh my!!-
...a very prim egg on and old rusty spring ...
...a metal cloche with a pretty bird's nest inside...
...vintage paper covered eggs .....
..nice old sad irons...
...calico rabbits...(cute)
....a wagon full of shiny, glittery Easter Eggs....
...there is a room that looks like this...and one that
looks like this....
...oh my ...there is lots of glitter here!!!
...I get my inspiration from here....
...guess this best describes me....and The Cinnamon Stick -
A cool prim stool with a vintage doily with a very old tin bowl on top filled with angel vine and a great big glittery Easter egg....yes...now I know who I am....I am ME and I LOVE IT ALL !!!   (and there is some rosemary from last summer's garden.....I love herbs too)

12 comments:

carolbrademas said...

I'd say you're a primitive glitter queen! And it's all good.....!!

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Oh dear Carol...you made my day!!! XO

gail said...

continue to be you, the Best that you can be!

moosecraft said...

I think you have something for everyone that enters the store and your life! Keep on doing what you're doing and being who you are. Genuine! :-)

jeanne said...

you're a mix-which is perfect!! jeanne

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Hi Judy,

A little of this and a little of that...makes for one well rounded, me thinks !

I am the same way !

Your store looks just amazing to me with decor for just about anyone !

Hugs,
Linda

Ginny said...

You are who you are and want to be!! You know how I feel about the Make-Do Room and the rest of the shop is over the moon. Great items, great prices, DO NOT CHANGE A THING OR WHO YOU ARE, or I just might have to come to Hereford, well I just might anyway!! LOL Take Care My Well Rounded Friend!!

peggylee said...

You are perfect the way you are!!!! and everyone needs a little glitter in their lives!!!!

lemonverbenalady said...

Yikes, contemporary! That person must have been in a cave or a closet for a while! We like you just the way you are!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Contemporary? How on earth can you be contemporary with grubby little bunnies and carrots hanging around?
I think you and your store are perfect just the way they are!
Perhaps you are a little art deco mid century mondern post danish traditional? Maybe? LOL!!
Beth

ctlogcabin said...

Oh My Miss Judy ... I have been away for a few days, not really away just off line. So here I come and find you asking Who Am I ?? Yikees You & Your Store my Friend are Indescribable !! Like a Fabulous Box of Chocolates you never know what you are going to find. You just know it will always be Delightful, Delicious, & Delectable !!
Love you & your shop. Hugs xox

Kate said...

Judy, those vintage paper covered eggs came out great! I was in the store one day when you were working on them! Hope to get down to you soon for the Easter Open House - I'll be needing more Creme Brule room spray soon lol!