THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, February 19, 2011

SPRING IS EVERYWHERE...

Don't look at the snow....put blinders on and then walk right into THE CINNAMON STICK -then take off the blinders and enjoy SPRING - (yesterday was a BIG meltdown of the piles of snow...although some piles will need alot more sunny days)!!  When I walk into the store in the morning I am greeted with the beautiful scents of Minty Orange, Red Hot Cinnamon, Clarity (? - my favorite right now) and Lavender!  The bright yellow forsythia candle rings and wreaths, and beautiful faux sprigs of pansie, daisies and other signs of spring bring smiles, and I am in my "happy place"!  
I busy myself with cutting out bunnies and peeps to make price tags, and use my punches to make "sprinkles" for your take home packages using colored paper of pink, robin's egg blue, yellow and lime green (spring at it's prettiest)....I am humming  songs such as "In Your Easter Bonnet".....sadly I don't know the words...so I have to hum - (I NEED to know those words cause I love that song) !!   I AM IN LOVE WITH SPRING!

Someset Studio Magazine arrived and is filled with tons of wonderful "springthyme" artwork - some really neat projects too!   Inspiration aplenty - just the cover is exciting!

 and alittle bit of spring - I know I shouldn't have the peony vases out yet but they are soooooo pretty I just wanted to - a sprig comes in the repro milk bottle and it is a good visual of what is to come.....(they look so real and no ants on these) !!!!

4 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

In your Easter bonnet
with all the frills upon it,
you'll be the grandest lady
in the Easter Parade!

I'll be all in clover,
and when they look you over
I'll be the proudest fella
in the Easter Parade!

On the Avenue, Fifth Avenue,
the photographers will snap us
and you'll find that you're
in the rotogravure.

Oh, I could write a sonnet
about your Easter bonnet
and of the girl I'm taking
to the Easter Parade!

Have a Wonderful Week-End !! xox

moosecraft said...

Looks and sounds soooo pretty!!! Spring and Easter is becoming my favorite Holiday season... Hold on to your Easter Bonnet as it is going to be sooooooo very windy today and tomorrow! :-)

Joanne said...

Perhaps all the snow will blow away today - hopefully and i do believe they called off the snow for Monday/Tuesday - woohoo! Maybe that groundhog was right for a change!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

THE CINNAMON STICK LOOKS EVER SO SPRINGY... I CAN CLOSE MY EYES AND SMELL YOUR CANDLES AND THE SCENT OF MR.TONYS SPECIAL TOUCH ON YOUR ANTIQUES FILLING THE AIR ... A CRISP 25* HERE THIS MORNING WITH BRIGHT SUNSHINE AND PINK SKY ON THE MOUNTAIN TOPS.. SO BEAUTIFUL... XXs