THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

PUNXSUTAWNEY PHIL...made me smile!!

****from the internet - "PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. — The world's most famous groundhog predicted an early spring Wednesday, but wasn't willing to go out on a limb to forecast whether the nearby Pittsburgh Steelers will win Sunday's Super Bowl.
Punxsutawney Phil emerged just after dawn on Groundhog Day to make his 125th annual weather forecast in front of a smaller-than-usual crowd who braved muddy, icy conditions to hear his handlers reveal that he had not seen his shadow."

Yippee! Hooray! Doing the happy dance.....I love you Punxsutawney Phil!!! 
We did lose our electric at 4 am this morning but it was back on by 7 am.   The themostat read 54 degrees in the living room!   The icicles on the house are starting to melt....drip by drip...but the roads are quite slushy with ice and water...working from home AGAIN today.
This is Alta ...my herb lady - talking with her yesterday to see if I could get some herbs for the store (desperately need some springthyme) she told me that most of her pots are still in hibernation mode.  They have started planting some of the seeds and hopefully everything will start to grow.   Maybe in another couple weeks I can bring some herbs into the store.....a promise of spring!

7 comments:

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

I am so excited too !!! Oh my goodness
spring cannot come fast enough!
I am thinking I would adore your herb
lady ~ I am so ready to get some herbs !

xoxo
Lori

LibbiesHome said...

Springthyme... now that sounds lovely. Bring on Spring!

Joanne said...

Yea for the groundhog for a change! We just got power back on - boy was I lost without my computer- then was thinking of making coffee - could do that - and every other thought I had like laundry - not, vacuuming - not - etc. Oh well! Now I guess it's back to reality

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Spring where are you??? I'm working from home today too, so far we have about 8" and it's still coming strong. Trying to get handmades done, orders finished, snow shoveled... Stay warm by that little wood stove, Dawn

Penny said...

We all NEED spring!! Punxsutawney Phil did a good job this year -- let's hope he's right and we get an early spring. Till then, hang in there, and stay warm and safe!

moosecraft said...

I watched it live this morning on tv! They were bribing him with a Milano Pepperidge Farm cookie! lol! Love the pic of Alta in her greenhouse! I bet it's nice and warm in there!

lemonverbenalady said...

Phil came through for once! Can't wait! Alta the herb lady looks ready!