THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, February 19, 2011

NO MORE HUMMING!!!!

Thank you Gail and Connie...reason #1 why I BLOG - good friends - Love you guys!!
"Easter Parade" ♫ by Bing Crosby

Click here -
http://www.facebook.com/l/136c2S82JN69ozqIOJ06__6Drkg/www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy76MPHzLcc
 
In your Easter bonnet
with all the frills upon it,
you'll be the grandest lady
in the Easter Parade!

I'll be all in clover,
and when they look you over
I'll be the proudest fella
in the Easter Parade!

On the Avenue, Fifth Avenue,
the photographers will snap us
and you'll find that you're
in the rotogravure.   (now I know how to pronounce this word- still don't know what it means)

Oh, I could write a sonnet
about your Easter bonnet
and of the girl I'm taking
to the Easter Parade!

Memory Lane....growing up, and the oldest of five children, I was my grandmother's favorite...and she didn't hide that fact at all.  Every Easter she and I would go to Atlantic City on vacation (my grandparents owned a country inn, restaurant and tavern) and took separate mini vacations (and then one big one together)...We wore beautiful new Easter outfits and would stay at the Presidential Hotel with indoor swimming pool and a mezzanine where the children would get together while the adults met at the bar.  AND every Easter we would walk the boardwalk in our Easter bonnets.....it wasn't Fifth Avenue but a huge crowd would gather (weather permitting-  it never rained back then) to walk the "boards" and show off their finery!   Ahhhhh the "olden days" don't seem that far away right now.

1 comment:

gail said...

What a wonderful memory to be cherished!