THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, January 10, 2011

UPSIDE DOWN - WHICH END IS UP?

Confusing title...??  Well that is how I feel this morning.  I somehow caught the "bug"...and it is not fun (those who have gone before me know what I am writing about)!  Not sick enough to stay in bed...but not well enough to do much of anything....AND so much planned for today!
The Phila. Gift Show was on the agenda....and is a MUST....sigh - not much fun when you don't feel up to par.  Next Monday is our "Christmas Gift Exchange"...the one I do with a group of friends who are all so creative and talented (four create for the store)....and I had to come up with something that they hadn't seen before!  That was the biggest challenge...but mission accomplished...NOW I have to get them completed!  Will someone tell me why I procrastinate to the last minute....(this is last minute for me...any later and I would be having the "vapors") !!  I will share all the gifts next week....Brenda has our exchange at her house.....here is a picture from two years ago...her whole house is decorated in "shades of white" - and is just fascinating...cause the whole house looks like this...!!!!!

 ...a peek in to the family room...
...all these jars are filled with "great finds" that she uses in her artwork.
Brenda  told me she decorated her Christmas tree all in "numbers" this year...she is quite the accomplished blood hound and can "sniff" out a treasure in a box hidden in the back of an old truck at a flea market.....I swear she can go up to a table that I just "studied" and find the treasure that I didn't see..!!
I always have a fun time with these gals....thank goodness (if I had to get a cold) it is this week and not next)!
Hopefully today I will FIND some treasures to order and elevate my "mood" !!!
Happy Monday to you!

6 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

You poor thing. Everyone around me has had the flue and I'm praying I don't get it. WAY too much to do. Love the pictures of your friend's home. Today is sewing day and then Wednesday I want to get the shop moved around - finally! Feel better, Dawn

gail said...

feel better & try to have fun!

Ginny said...

Feel better soon, I know alot of people that got sick and though it didn't last long it wiped them out. Take care.

Angie Berry said...

Oh no Judy! I hope you get to feeling better soon! I've been down since Christmas night. I start to feeling good, so I get up and do a few things and it wipes me out! I'm getting tired of it, it's getting old by now.

Anne said...

Oh, I hope you feel better, we were all sick after Christmas..yuck!! I have to thank you again for the pillow idea..they are such a hit!! My kids had me making some for them too! So, thanks again..I really appreciated it.
Blessings,
Anne

ctlogcabin said...

Feel Better My Friend ... I'm Sending
Love & Healing Hugs ~~ xox