THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, January 24, 2011

SPRING FEVER....

Oh dear I have it bad.  Spring Fever that is!!

  My car is still having problems...one thing gets fixed and something else goes wrong.  I have an old but sweet van.  It is a 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan - Hunter Green - with 215,000 miles on it.  I try hard to treat her with as much respect as an old car deserves but I am an antique dealer and sometimes she does get filled with heavy stuff - or weird stuff - or just plain old cardboard boxes.  For many years she has given me such good service but I am afraid she might be sick for good....I am not ready to give her up though.  Fingers and toes are crossed the Trans Doctor gives me a good report tomorrow!

Back to "spring fever"....It is only January and I am so tired of this brrrrrutally cold winter - and there is so much winter to go.   I just might have to pick a date for spring to arrive at the store - to keep my sanity!!!  Lots of great spring treasures are arriving....like this -
These rusty metal carriers come with the green bottles and we have them with daisies (as shown), forsythia and pansies! 
Also in the store are these wonderful Flour Sack Tea Towels....not sure if I wrote about them before or not.
They are made exactly like the old sugar and flour sacks of years ago - We sold out of them right after Christmas and I ordered 100 this time and they are selling fast.   They make a great curtain (28"X28") sewn together...(very prim look), table runner,  pillows and you can embrodier on them too...but best of all they are the greatest towel for drying glasses!!!


You can find them in our new Make-Do Dry Goods room.....
Stay warm my friends......

8 comments:

Ginny said...

Sorry to here about the van, yes we antique dealers are sometimes hard on the equipment,LOL. I'm with you, so ready for Spring. Have a great night!

Cobbler Cottage said...

Oh Judy! Your spring banner is a sight for sore eyes! I really miss visiting you and your store. (and Kay's too) Hopefully when this miserable snow finally ends we can get back down there. That forsythia branch is prettier than a dozen of roses! Becky

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Hope you get a good report on the van..
Oh Spring, BRING IT ON!! I'm soooo ready :).
Those flour sacks are sweet. I can see why they would sell fast! Stay warm...

Joanne said...

My Mom just gave me some flour sack cloth tonite (weird!) and said I could use them as dishtowels!

Hope your van will get a fresh breath and keep on keeping on!

Spring - Ahhhhhhh we can dream

moosecraft said...

Yes! Make Spring in your shop! You will feel so much better! I started decorating with flowers and easter eggs and bunnies a couple of weeks ago... and it is such good therapy to have these things around to remind me that Spring can't be much further away! The snow of this winter has really worn me down.... too much, too much, too much! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed about your van...

Holly Hills Primitives said...

COME ON SPRING! I'm with you. The spring ideas are just going crazy in my head. This weather is the pits this year - so darn cold. Sounds like you guys have really been hit hard too. Have fun with the shop - at least you can have spring there! Dawn

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

SEEMS MOST ARE READY FOR SPRINGTIME WEATHER AND PRETTY BLOOMS... HARD TO BELIEVE IT IS ONLY JAN WITH WEEKS OF WINTER LEFT..MY LILAC IS BUDDING, & BLUBS ARE POPPING UP IN THE GARDEN, JUST MIGHT BE SPRING IS READY TO SPRING DESPITE WHAT THE CALENDAR IS SAYING.. XXs ~B

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy ~~ Fingers, Eyes, & Toes crossed you get a good report on your Van !! Love the new carriers, & sack cloth towels ... wish I could walk around and see all the new items in the shop. I'm in need of a PA visit. It's snowing again here ... seems I wont get out of the cabin or off the
hill till Spring. :-) Love & Hugs ~~ xox