THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

UGH!!

That is how I feel about the Christmas decor still hanging in the store....it has to GO!   Wish I could enjoy Christmas after the fact but just not that kind of gal.   I cleared the back porch today and removed all the fresh (dead) greens from the porch posts - Miss Holly Wintertree has gone to visit other friends as it was just too cold and windy here for her.....wouldn't be so bad if the wind wasn't blowing and making it feel like zero degrees.   (complain- complain) !!!  Now to get to the inside.....I hesitate cause I know the store will look so "boring" once the Christmas is away.....so in the "off" time I am sewing and stuffing beautiful Valentine hearts...some in red velvet with cotton stuffing - so vintage looking and some deep dark brown velvet...so rich and snobby looking....(saving one for you Miss Connie....not a "snobby" one though) ...big hearts, little hearts, homespun hearts and paper hearts..all yet to be made...!!!
I worked on the Make-Do room a bit today...tweaking....I think I will be "tweaking" for quite awhile till I get it right!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

I will keep coming back to check on you, but you know how I feel about it.

ctlogcabin said...

I'm with you Miss Judy .... once it's over it's OVER !! Love the fact you have started on the Hearts, yes please make mine a
Friendly Brown Velvet Heart, lol.
Cant wait to take a trip down and see the
"Make Do" Room for myself I'm sure it will be
a room to inspire us all.
Wishing You & Tony the Very Best in the New Year.
Love & Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Holly Hills Primitives said...

You're right! I moved all the Christmas to one area yesterday and I'm giving one week - then it is all going bye-bye! I'm back to sewing too - although it was a nice break. Have fun - wish I could see your make-do room! Dawn