THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, December 19, 2010

GUESS WHAT ????

This picture says it all.....The Angel Chair found a new home...and she didn't even know I had a blog....(big smile)....my friend Joanne and I just stood there with these big "surprised" eyes when Malissa said she had to have that chair!!!  (Joanne had been on the blog earlier this morning and saw my post...) Too funny !  Hmmmmm...what else has been around for awhile - I should post a picture here!!!  (devilish smile)

I have to share with you the wonderful Christmas gifts I received from Joanne today....I was so surprised when she came into the store "bearing gifts"....Knowing I would LOVE this wonderful old stool (I love it so much) she decided to gift it to me instead of keeping it (a yard sale find this summer while she was on her daily walk) (the story is too long to tell here...LOL!!)

Not only that - look what she hooked to go on top (Joanne...I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT).... a "stool" pad ! ( red is much darker than what it shows....more like the next picture) - I love the hand-dyed wools she used!
 and not only that...she gave me a gingerbread boy (made by Teresa - Seamstress of Blackstone )- to add to my gingerbread collection !!



Needless to say, today was a really fun day - (and the store was busy too!!)  
Now I have two days off to get everything ready for Christmas Eve...that is when we celebrate with my kids and their in-laws - one big family celebration !!!   Having all the little grands we let them open their gifts from us Christmas Eve...takes some of the hassle out of Christmas Day (when we all just have a day where we visit family - to see what "Santa" brought and no big dinners to fuss over) AND the little ones get some of the excitement of "present opening" that night too.
Hoping you are ready...tomorrow I wrap and wrap and wrap and wrap .......

6 comments:

gail said...

glad you had a busy day along with a joyful day!
enjoy this week!
XOXO

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love the stool and the chair pad. How wonderful of Joanne :)!! Love her hooking!
Glad your chair found a new home too... Enjoy your wrapping, I just finished mine :)

ctlogcabin said...

Judy, Just read your last post on the little chair, so glad it found a nice new home. What wonderful goodies you received .... love the stool & the hooked pad ... and the ginger guy is Adorable !! May you always be Blessed with Angels in your life.
EnJoy your days at home getting ready for the big day.
Love & Warm Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Joanne said...

I am so happy you liked it! And how fun your chair found a wonderful home today! Your poor snowpeople are running out of chairs - Wonder who will win the game of musical chairs!

moosecraft said...

Too funny! Must have been angels that brought her to the chair! ;-) Love the gifts from Joanne! She makes wonderful stuff! I hope you have a great two days off and then enjoy Christmas with your family!!!! Merry Christmas!!! ~Sharon

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Amazing how the web works! Glad the chair found a good home and what a beautiful hooked chair pad and adorable gingerbread!
MERRY CHRISTMAS JUDY

Karen