THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, December 19, 2010

THE ANGEL CHAIR...

No one has purchased this wonderful old child's chair.....it is one of my favorite things in the store and I have had lots of fun changing the displays on it....but still - I wonder why no one sees all the charm I see in it ????
Angels seem to have "fallen" out of grace lately (sad face) - Santa's are making a bit of a comeback but Snowmen have certainly reigned for being the most popular holiday decoration here at THE CINNAMON STICK  for the past few years.
I have many, many angels...I love all kinds...and am especially attracted to the wings.  Did you ever notice that angel "wings" of the "handmade" kind - come in all different shapes, sizes and materials!  I have angels with tin wings, wooden wings, fabric wings in cheesecloth, muslin, homespun and wool.....wings that are made of wire and even paper wings.   Every year I find Christmas angels with "new" wings to add to my collection.   I do hope "angels" make a HUGE comeback...I believe we need as many angels in our life as we can get!  I know some real live angels too....I call them friends....Merry Christmas to all the "angels" out there!

2 comments:

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Your display looks great Judy! Santa's are what I like, and it's amazing how the cycles change as the years change. Keep adding to your collection, it's wonderful. You'll be surprised one of these days... I too know many angels that have passed my way and are in my life now. Merry Christmas to you!!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Judy Sweetie...
I love your display you created here. I can't for the life of me either figure out how so many folks could walk by this chair and not find the LOVE within. Angels are my favorite, even though I do love snowmen.

I spend time looking at their little faces. Each is so unique and has so much to share within. Their halos are also a fun thing to look at. Some tilted, some straight, different colors. Oh we would have a great time together sweet friend.

Thank you so much for richly blessing me this year with your friendship. I love coming to the The Cinnamon Stick and seeing your wonderful gifts. Wish I could walk through it in person. One day perhaps?

Many hugs sweetie and SO much love, Sherry