THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

RESPONSE FROM MICHAELS...

Just thought I needed to follow thru with what happened last evening.   When I went to the store this morning there was a message on my answering machine from "Lindsey" - a customer service rep from Michaels headquarters - She promptly let me know that all the stores ALL over the country knew about this "special" coupon deal and  she couldn't have been nicer in wanting to know where the store was and how it was handled.  I figured our time zones were different but I called anyway and left a message on her voice mail.  Just a couple hours later the head manager of Michael's in Pottstown (where the incident - that is what they are calling it) (big smile) happened.  He could not have been more apologetic on the phone....but I let him know how disappointed I was - and the trip in the rain on a cold evening only to be treated like "so what" was not easy to just put to sleep. He said  all his employees had been told of the "deal" for over a week (obviously not) but hey...your store is only as good as the employees who work for you....(it was the smile on that gals face that really got to me when she said the coupon couldn't be used) !!  I did not RAT on her though.   
I am a weekly customer at Michaels and YES I use my coupon each week but also purchase lots more...that is the "gimmick" and it is okay with me.    Since we give classes I have 4,5,6 or more of the same items...all purchased at Michaels - well some at AC Moore but most at Michaels.  Would they lose me as a customer...not really - but I would have an attitude dealing with a store that was not customer friendly.  I was satisfied when we hung up...
Tonight Tony and I went to Michaels - coupons in tow....(I told the manager I printed out two, one for me and one for my husband)...he told me to bring both back and they would honor both...I told him that I would not do as I obey the rules and the rules state "one per customer"....however ...Tony said he would go ( we had to pick up a birthday present for my granddaughter Kennedy who will be 10 tomorrow...my first grandchild - of course a week later I got my second.....a grandson Evan...(lots of birthdays in October) - {oh how I get off the subject - you should be talking to me in person it is really bad!! }  I got my crystal fine white glitter for snowflakes and snowmen and Tony purchased some green glitter - I know the lady waiting on us knew just who we were as she was super polite and came up special to ring us up.  The manager had asked me to ask for "Jen" when I came to the store but I really didn't want anymore apologies...whew...think I will print out a couple more coupons as they are good until October 16th BUT you can only print them out till 11:59 pm this evening!!!  GO FOR IT~~

5 comments:

The Primitive Heart said...

I'm glad to hear they resolved it. There was also a 50% off coupon in the October issue of Matha's magazine.

Erika said...

I also noticed when I printed the coupon out (which is still available!), that the Oprah coupon page says this:

"A NOTE FROM MICHAELS
This coupon overrides any current Martha Stewart Crafts sale offer. Contact our customer service team at 1-800-MICHAELS if you have further questions."

I guess only Michael's wasn't aware? Glad you got it sorted out.

Ginny said...

Glad to hear that it got sorted out. Hope you have extra ink cartridges!!

Joanne said...

Way to go getting it straigthened out. Collegeville Michaels is open too - so that's probably not too far for you (and then you go over to Wegmans and grab a good dessert!)

moosecraft said...

It is great to hear that you got a positive response from these folks... and pretty quick, I might add! I bet that glitter will be extra sparkly now!

BTW... you can ask Joanne how fast and accurate AC Moore is... she drove to two AC Moore's out in PA to get some supplies my two AC Moore's in Jersey could not get...