THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, September 25, 2010

GALFRIEND TREATS...

If you follow my blog then you know that on Martin Luther King's birthday each year -  a group of  my "galfriends" get together and have an ornament exchange!  Everyone is off work this day and since we are TOO busy before Christmas to enjoy a "party" we get together on this date.  Five of the gals make things for our store so it is always the most creative gift giving event!  
This past Christmas exchange they decided (I could not attend because of my brother's funeral) that since MERRIE HALLOWEEN is everyone's favorite time to create and craft -  that we should have a Halloween exchange too.  (these galfriends are sooooooo much fun) !!  Now I can't tell what I am working on (cause they might be reading).....but OMGosh  as simple as it is it is taking so  much time preparing all the "pieces" and then putting them together...much longer than I anticipated so I started working on my projects (I need to make 5) at the store and both my front and back countertops are filled - piled high - ready to fall over - that I can hardly do business! (as all customers will attest to today) !!!
Now I have that nice workshop in the attic....why oh why didn't I just "spill" everything out there?????
 I must go to the store early tomorrow (we open on Sundays at noon) and get myself organized....somedays I am just a mess!!!
Our exchange is October 11th and I will share all our "creations" afterwards.
Vicki makes these for the store...
Dianne makes these "Kats".... I can only imagine what goodies they are creating!!

ps.  I am feeling a little better today....so off to the flea market in the morning!!!


2 comments:

gail said...

Enjoy! wish i was going to Jakes!!!!!
AND glad you are feeling better!

moosecraft said...

Ooooh sounds like FUN! I do like the shoe and cat too! Glad you are feeling better today!