THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, August 22, 2010

UPDATE....

Finally someone asked about my "dead" tree - first customer today asked what I spray painted it with to make it look dead....yiyiyiyi !!!

FUN STUFF happened today though - after visiting with some good customers -  Helen Voytilla - (one of the artist who makes handmade fabric items for the store )- delivered her Halloween goodies.  EIGHT boxes full of treasures.   It was the end of the day so most are still packed safely away until I go in tomorrow to unpack, price and play !!  I did get to take a couple pics before I left for the day - Here is a scarecrow sitting on a pumpkin - not sure what I will name him yet - he is a big fella!

This is a very friendly witch all dressed in her sparkly Halloween finery - you are going to love her when you see her!
...and last - just look at this kitten and his pet mouse advertising for the sweet witch shown above.....
I know the pics aren't great ...I was in a hurry - today was so strange weather wise...the sun would shine brightly and two minutes later - torrential downpours...so I just wanted to get home and snug in our little house.
Tony (broken ankle and all) spent some time the last few days in his workshop creating these neat candle holders (great night light) from old pelt boards and ceramic insulators.   He added an old brass drawer handle that you can hang candles, herbs, vintage handwork etc. from!!!  I put a battery tea lite in the insulator and it was too cute!!!!

7 comments:

gail said...

good job, Tony!

Joanne said...

ooooh love the new stuff - when's it going to be out - love Tony's creation too!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Just got back from Ohio and had to catch up on the blogs. Can't wait to see what you have in store - especially with that tree! Tell Tony what a great job he did on his project - love it! Have a great week playing, Dawn

SUE said...

I can't wait to see more! I love the pelt boards - my dad was a trapper and I am sure he has lots of boards still. Great idea Tony!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

I have visited your blog before and thought I was "following" but apparently not, as I became one today! I LOVE PA and enjoyed my time living there, so it will be nice to come for a "visit" when I read your blog! Would love to invite you for a visit to mine as well!! Can't wait to hear more about the tree!!
Blessings~
Julie

The Brickhouse said...

I just love your goodies and I love what Tony made! AND one of these days Tim and I need to come and visit you and your lovely Shop!
~~Patti~~

Holly Hills Primitives said...

You can come shopping with me ANY TIME! We'd have a ball. I've been sewing like crazy to finish up some of the things we started in Ohio. Today is my play day to put all the new goodies out in the shop - that's always so much darn fun. Can't wait to see what you've been doing, Dawn