THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, July 26, 2010

WHAT A DAY...

Not so good when your cell phone rings and you are coming back from a trade show....your daughter is on the other end and asks " are you driving"...you answer..."yes"...she replies, "then pull over so we can talk".....AND you know that AIN'T a good thing. 
Tony (hubby) fell down steps and broke his ankle while working this morning...also messed up his shoulder that he had rotator cup surgery on a few years ago....YI YI YI !!!  She wasn't suppose to tell me but Shannon (daughter) and I have this special "thing" where we share everything and don't spill the beans when we know more than we should because one shared more than she was suppose too.  That is a good thing between us!    To make the long story short...Tad (son) went to NJ ( that is where Tony was working) and took him to the ER and then home.   Tony didn't want them to call and upset me... (rolling my eyes)...Doctors appointments are made for Wednesday when they will tell us the outcome of more X-rays. 
The bad news gets sadder....vacation is off for us....(sad face) - but I am a believer in things always happen for a reason so I will not question "why now" instead of next week!!
The good news is the trade show was great....found some goodies that I know customers will love (some great scented orange tapers and black tapers....new company and I love them - pumpkin flavored chocolate covered pretzels - so yummy!!!) ... now I am so very anxious for fall to come!
Never a dull moment around here....Tony is doing okay- has pain meds and is letting me "fuss" alittle bit over him...(dang just thought - now I have to mow the grass - I job I do not like)...
Stay tuned....you never know what will happen next.....(sigh) !!

10 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Just got back from vacation and was checking up on blogs I've missed. SOOO sorry about Tony, but things do happen for a reason. (I hate the mow the grass too!) We'll talk soon, Dawn

Janet - underthewillow said...

what a drag Judy! so sorry! glad it wasn't worse news though....take a pain pill with him and have fun! LOL

Janet

Ginny said...

Judy, give Tony our best. Maybe pizza will help!! LOL. If there is anything I/Les can do to help out, please don't hesitate to let us know. You have my e-mail and we are in the book, under Beyer, Hellertown. Keep us posted.

THE SPICE CUPBOARD said...

You guys are so sweet....the kids will help but thanks for your kindnesses!! It is the shoulder that I worry about - you would have to see our home to understand. Old farmhouse no bathroom on first floor, and both the bathrooms on the second floor you have to step two steps down into...should be interesting...(raising my eyebrows!!)

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Judy, I'm so sorry about Tony's accident!!!!! I hope he's resting good tonight ~ and taking those meds!!! You are SO very right, that all things DO happen for a reason, we do not know why, but they definitely do. Praying for fast healing of your man cuz you have no business cutting that grass!!!! hugs and love, Dawn

moosecraft said...

Oh no! That had to hurt! Glad that he was able to call for and get help... yes, things do happen for a reason... this could be saving you from an even bigger catastrophe while on vacation...

gail said...

oh dear! can't imagine Tony down &out. sitting still is NOT part of his agenda!
Prayers & thoughts are coming your way.

Cathie said...

Oh dear,Judy...so sorry to hear about Tony...and about your vacation plans.I know how much you were looking forward to spending time with the family. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you. Take care.

CountryCrocks said...

Oh Judy - I'm so sorry to hear about Tony's accident - and oh no on the shoulder again. I'm so sorry you are going to miss your vacation too.....wish I was closer to help you. Just know you are in my thoughts.

Hugs....Susan

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~~ Sending My Best Regards to Tony & You ..... Will keep you both in my Prayers for a Speedy Recovery.
See you on Friday for a in Person Real
Time Big Hug ~~ Connie xox