THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A SIMPLE FAVOR AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED....

A short version of a long story....Joanne of   http://snippetsandscrapsandpieces.blogspot.com/  purchased a good amount of "zinc canning jar lids"....(hard as heck to come by around here) but they were in great need of cleaning.  I was going to share with her how Tony does his magic on them but he said he would rather do them for her in return for 20 of the jar lids....SHE AGREED - and today she came to pick them up....insisting earlier that we keep 25 (and then she slipped another two to me) !!!  However - the above picture is the THANK YOU  gift she gave me today.   I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS HOOKED RUG - and am completely overwhemled by her generosity....THANK YOU JOANNE again and again.   It is just beautiful - I love rughooked items but do NOT enjoy doing it....(Joanne knows that and so does everyone else close to me) !  I am still in awe of such a fine gift....She calls it "The Ball Jar Lid Rug".....(she used an old zinc jar lid as the pattern)!!  Too sweet for words and not enough thank you's AND way too much for a simple favor!    She used a technique called "beading" on the border and it was her first time hooking this way....wish you could see it in person!

As I promised - here is a picture of my bowl....I'm still not sure I want to sell it...hmmmmm....tough decision although I do have a price on it at the store...(sigh) !!


I am quite fond of the old blues and also found a nice piece of homespun that I am selling as doilies (working around a hole here and there).....and there is more....check out this tin box in blue and the blue scale.....I am loving my new finds....

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Um, good trade!

;)

Holly Hills Primitives said...

What a wonderful gift! I'm sure you will display it with honor. Have a great week, Dawn

Joanne said...

Hey - you just enjoy that rug - You are always offering ideas and advice and I like doing things for nice people! So there!

Love your finds - I did notice some of them in store today! Looks like you have the blues - in a good way!

moosecraft said...

Wow! Joanne did a wonderful job of hooking that rug for you! It's gorgeous! Great finds too!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Blues are the in color this season and I do Love them.
Super trade and it seems both parties are more than satisfied. I would be with either!
★ Linda ★

ctlogcabin said...

Oh Judy, Beautiful Rug ... nice to see your kindness being returned.
Love all your new Blue Treasures.
Have a Great Day !!
Love & Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

Lucky Girl!
Love the rug too! Blue is my favorite color....
Tisha

the primitive country bug said...

That hooked rug is beautiful and how thoughtful on both parts. I'd say you're both very deserving people.
Love the blues, especially that lunch box.
Blessings~ Birgit

Barbara said...

WOW! What a wonderful THANK YOU gift, Judy. You have such great friends...Beautiful rug, and like you, I love blue! Blessings...

Janet - underthewillow said...

what a gorgeous gift!

Janet

gail said...

friends make the world go round! wish everyone could live through kindness.
ENJOY!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I have only met Joanne through blogland, but I know of her generosity. When she saw my feather trees at Christmas, she gifted me with kit to make a wool one. She is just a remarkable hooker.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren