THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MY JEWELRY....???

Those who know me know that I am not a "jewelry" wearer - most days I forget to put my earrings in....HOWEVER...I love the new necklaces that I am putting together with "vintage trinkets" and have been wearing one ever since.  It is really hard to get good pictures of them but here is the one I made for me.  It has an olde brass thimble, stamped silverplate butter knife blade and an old locker key.
I am having fun finding trinkets to put on the chains.   I know these pictures are "bad" but you get the idea.   Tony has also cut off the handle of some old silverplate spoons for me to stamp with special "words or sayings" !!   I am surprised at myself for loving these so much.....hmmmmm. guess you are never too old to change your style!!
 Old ice cream spoon, thimble and key (the ice cream spoons can be flattened and stamped too!!)

Old key, silverplate handle from butter knife (and upside down -duh!!) and tiny glass bottle with cork ( I have no idea what came in these bottles - I found 8 of them and they are old) - the cork is added by me as I collect old corks and have lots to share - thinking some fairy dust inside the tiny bottle might be nice!!

I am off to lunch today with my daughter's mother-in-law...we are the same age and spend some good time together celebrating our birthdays...then to shop for the finishing touches for our Fairy Jar Class this Thursday.  Hope you have a "fun" day too !!!!

4 comments:

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

Hi Judy,
Those are great, How clever..
Hope you have a great day!
Tisha

Beckyjean said...

Love the necklaces. Enjoy your day.

Hugs~Becky

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

QUITE THE CLEVER GIRL YOU ARE MY FRIEND...I LOVE YOUR NEW "JEWELS" AND FEEL EVER SO PROUD OF YOU ... SENDING MANY HUGS... ~ B

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy ... you can now add jewlery designer to your list of many talents ... Adorable !! Hope you had a nice lunch out.
Love & Hugs ~~ Connie xox