THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday, May 3, 2010

NEVER FAILS....

Today Tony and I picked up our herbs for our Herb Faire that begins Friday.....When we left the house the sun was shining...just a beautiful morning.   We stopped for some flowers to add to our "mini-gardens" and had  lunch.  Then stopped at home to pick up extra tables etc. and took both cars - and THEN driving to the store....drip..drip...drip....on my windshield...by the time we started to unload the herbs this is what was happening....truly a MONSOON!!   BUT we had to unload, needless to say we were soaked thru - thank goodness it was warm...actually quite muggy which made you feel sticky - if it weren't for the "heavenly" scent of the herbs I think I could have been "grouchy" !! 

I still made Tony (even though he was soaked) plant the coleus in the flower box...he was smiling though cause he loves to be around the plants!!
I stayed for awhile to set up where "who and what" is going to be displayed and tomorrow I will clean the outhouse, plant the mini-gardens in old agate bowls, price what needs to be priced and clean the store...I ordered a banner for the back porch and it should be here on Thursday - from http://www.folkartbythecracklingcrows.blogspot.com/  - she put the banner I ordered on her blog!!  Something different and I love it!!   New candles and tarts from http://www.crowsnestprimitiveshoppe.com/  - all very herbal - will be in this week too...Lots of new goodies to share with you!!!

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Sounds like a busy day getting things done! Moonsoon is right today!

Janet - underthewillow said...

I sure wish it would rain here for just a bit!....I had husband plant a few new plants and they need a watering!....don't want anything like what Nashville got though, good grief!!

The Crows Nest candles looks lovely, I'm always looking for new candles to try!

Tony looks to be having a jolly good time!

Janet

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Judy,

Your store is always brimming with fun and activity and special events !

The herb faire sounds like so much fun !

Happy planting and smelling the aroma of the herbs !

Hugs,
Linda

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I bet it will all be wonderful! Sure wish I could swing by! Have a great time!
Beth

CountryCrocks said...

Judy - you will LOVE your banner that Ivonne made. I just got two from her - one for a friend and one for me. They are so fabulous! I love your Herb Faire banner.....

Hugs....Susan

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Wow! What a downpour - we got one of those yesterday. Sure looks like you're going to have lots of fun, I'd give anything to be there. Love the banner too. Have fun being busy tomorrow, Dawn

gail said...

banner is GREAT!!!! have a good week!