THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!

The sun is shining but boy it is cold....such a roller coaster ride of weather lately!  I put all the herb flats on the ground, under tables and tried to protect them as much as I could from the wind we had last night.   I am sure they are fine - (I can remember having frost during our Herb Faire one time)!!   Most of the herbs are sold from Friday and Saturday ( a good thing) so it really wasn't much work.
Our Herb Faire has been great....just seeing lots of customers is so much fun!!  (of course I am still running 2 hours behind in my life) but trying hard to catch up!
This is my Mom - Polly Esther ( her fun joke - as she was "invented" before polyester)...she passed in 2004 and I miss her much - she was a "fun" MOM - our family has so many wonderful memories - she made life as special as she could for us!
Today we will go to my daughter's to celebrate Mother's Day....a great way to end the week!!!

7 comments:

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY JUDY.

Wonderful photos of your mother!
Sadly my mother passed in 1965 so I haven't had her with me for many, many years.

It was sooo cold here last night too....I covered every single thing in all our gardens to protect them....it looks like a sheet factory blew up out there! lol

Karen

Joanne said...

Happy Mother's Day Judy - you certainly resemble your mother - especially the pic of your mother in uniform!

This wind is crazy!

Janet - underthewillow said...

Happy Mother's Day Judy!

Janet

Cathie said...

Happy Mother's Day Judy! Have a great time with your family today.

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY DEAR JUDY~~ THIS HAS BEEN A DAY OF LOOKING FORWARD AND REMEMBERING BACK AS IT IS THE FIRST MOTHERS DAY SINCE MY MOTHER PASSED... LIFE GOES ON AND SO OUR CHERISHED MEMORIES BECOME EVEN MORE TREASURED... HAVE A LOVELY DAY... WITH MANY HUGS AND LOVE ~ B

CountryCrocks said...

Hi Judy - Happy Mother's Day! What great photos of your sweet Mom! I miss my Mom too. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Hugs...Susan

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Hi Judy,
Your mom did have such a look of joy about her. What a lovely tribute!

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my last post, they truly did touch my heart.

Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day!

Anne