THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, May 14, 2010

A BANNER DAY...

(that sounded like a great day huh!!)  Not quite....what it means is - today I worked on making banners - only got one finished....here it is  -  (it is so hard to get a good picture in the store ...too many windows and I don't know how to work the camera - if you want the honest truth) !!  You really can't see the great colors on the pretty paper and the aging that is done in green...like grass stains !!!
I finally attached it to the back door so I could get a better picture.   The others are just in beginning stages ...these are fun to make!!
Now this is a hard one to sell.....I am truly a make-do kind of gal...and this canned ham tin, with the piece of wood divider nailed in, is just what makes my heart tingle...!!   The second picture is of my candies that I am hooked on...Almond Joy pieces...(and they match my canned ham!!)   I have almost eaten the whole bag in two days....left alittle for breakfast tomorrow! (kidding) !!
I had a surprise visitor today...Susan from Henny Penny's Country Store....I did not recognize her (sorry Susan) but she forgave me as the only time I met her she was dressed like this...
Yep - that is her alright...Susan is having an open house this weekend and was doing some last minute shopping - she is 91 miles from us but said she couldn't be this close and not stop in....it was so great to see her and I just kept talking and talking....gosh I could talk to her forever!!  BUT I finally let her get on her way....I love my job!!!

5 comments:

moosecraft said...

You know? I like that canned ham make do herb tray! Very kewl! Susan could have at least worn her hat so's you could recognize her!!! LOL! ;-)

Joanne said...

I love the canned ham try too - love things like that! Now the weather here in PA matches that banner - felt like summer today!

Take Me Stitchin said...

Love the canned hame idea and It would make a great herb planter too. Your blog is wonderful. Len

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Hi Judy!

Your banner is just wonderful! And that canned ham thingy....fabulous!

Thanks so much for your visit, I really do appreciate your comments on my cubby post.

Have a wonderful day!
Anne

Angie Berry said...

What a cute banner! Ingenious idea for the canned ham tin! And yes, you should love your job... I would love your job, girl!!