THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, April 9, 2010

WINTER ROBE vs. SUMMER ROBE....

That was my BIG decision this morning.....I opted for the winter robe...quite chilly here after that 90 degree weather this week.   It rained thru-out the night  - the woods will be thick and green quickly with this weather.
I am in the gardening mood and the store is showing signs of GARDEN THYME goodies - more each day - Look at these fun garden shovels and  hand rakes....they are made of metal and so pretty even I may have to don the garden gloves and go play in the dirt!!  When I saw them at the trade show I just couldn't resist!  (we also have some nice old ones for sale too....)  A perfect Mother's Day gift for a Mom who loves to garden!
This old red wheel (we have two for sale) makes a great "wreath" on a potting shed door - I wrapped a faux ivy garland around it (I wanted to use angel vine but wasn't in the mood for the mess - (smiling as I type)!! You can decorate with grape vine, garden tools or flower pots.....just wire them on...fun project!
It seems all I do lately is make "messes"...little scraps of fabric, threads and paper seem to follow me wherever I go.  
All the beautiful ribbons arrived and I added them to our Garden Banner --- it finally looks finished.
Make three people smile today !!! 

7 comments:

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Judy your treasures are coming in fast now aren't they...I love the garnden tools. We lost ours last summer, I think they got tossed out with the clippings and trimmings so now we're looking for new. These would be perfect for me being I'm the one who does THAT KIND OF YARD WORK...the tedious jobs....lol

It's cold here too the last 2 days...down to 32 and the highest was 39...crazy ups and downs.

Karen

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Hi Judy,

Oh, those garden tools are just the ticket to tuck in a sweet Mother's Day gift basket along with a ceramic or clay pot, seeds , garden gloves , hand lotion, etc ~ Oh, I wanna come and play and make gift baskets for your store !

The wheels are great to decorate !

Have fun with the garden items !

May you have a sunny weekend !

Hugs,
Linda

moosecraft said...

Hey! Those are some snazzy gardens tools! I like them a lot! The wagon wheel wreath idea is brilliant! :-)

Holly Hills Primitives said...

What great goodies you come up with! Those garden tools are just the perfect Mother's Day gifts. I'd sure love to come to your "Garden Banner" class! Hope you have a great weekend, Dawn

ctlogcabin said...

Oh yes Miss Judy...the Winter Robe it is, it was 35 here this morning the wood stove went back on..brrrr
Love the red wheel and that brown fabric makes me squeal evertime I see it !! lol Mr Paul told me to tell you he loves that dip I came home with last visit, he hopes you have more in stock. Looks like we may be in your area soon. ;-)
Miss Ya ~~ Love & Hugs xox

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I really like the garden tools, so pretty! The wheel if I had it would just stay plain for me, really neat item:0
I've still been using my blue fuzzy winter robe especially the last few days.

Rondell

Angie Berry said...

I love the bright garden tools, makes it a little more fun! =]

I seem to have messes following me everywhere I go too. Hehe! Well at least you know we've been hard at work, right?!