THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

GOD BLESS AMERICA.......

I was upstairs in the store when Kay (the shopkeeper of Homespun Woolens and Yard Goods - the store next to ours) yelled for me to come outside to "witness" the convoy of trucks - 26 in all - that were taking the steel beams from the World Trade Center buildings back to Coatesville, PA where they were made.  It was an awesome sight - also very gut wretching - tears rolled from our eyes as you just could not forget what these steel beams represented.   I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures as I ran (well half ran) up to the corner to watch them pass....cars were stopped along the roadway...people were standing along the road waving and cheering - the trucks were blowing their horns....it was quite a moment !!  I could not see what my camera was taking - it was so sunny and bright out - and the camera kept pausing before it would flash...so many pictures looked like this....
But I was able to get a few to show you what truck after truck looked like.....flags waving from all parts of the vehicles - some very large flags were wrapped around the steel beams.   This convoy started with 28 trucks (unfortunately one rear ended another and they had to drop out)  Because of the accident the time schedule and routes were changed but they got back on course.   You could feel the pride these truck drivers had making this delivery.  From what I understand the beams were taken back to where they were molded and will be melted down and a "Memorial" will be erected....LET US NEVER FORGET !!  Here are some pics -
 
You will notice that ALL the trucks were either RED, WHITE OR BLUE....
The sign on the last truck said...."Coming Home to Coatesville"...

May the fallen Rest in Peace and know that we care....Amen

19 comments:

denise said...

all i can think to say is God Bless America!

TheRustyThimble said...

WOW what a sad thing but an AWESOME site to witness. This brought tears to my eyes just to read it. Thank you so much for sharing. God Bless America
Brenda
The Rusty Thimble

Janet - underthewillow said...

well that is just awesome Judy....I've got tears in me eyes just reading your words and seeing these pics....I had no idea that this was all going on....thank you ever so much for sharing this!

Janet

ctlogcabin said...

Judy ~~ How wonderful of you to capture it and share with us. I'm so close to NYC the site is an hour away..and I've been to Coatesville
many times....we are all so connected.
God Bless America, We will never Forget.
Thank You ~~ Love & Hugs ~ xox

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Judy,

Thanks for sharing this ! I had no idea, either, about this being done . That would be something to witness, and after all this time, it is still fresh in my mind about what happened and makes me cry seeing these photos.

God Bless Our United States of America and may freedom ring forever and God Bless Our Troops, too.


Hugs,
Linda

Ginny said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, tears in my eyes as I write this, the sky was as blue that day as it was today. It is something that we as Americans should and can never forget. God Bless all of the people you lost their lives.

The Crafty Crow said...

Such a moving experience for you, thanks for making us a part of this journey. We shall never forget.
Blessings,
~Ronda~

moosecraft said...

Neato! I had seen about this on the tv news yesterday afternoon! How cool is it that you actually got to SEE this!!! And, you actually got better pics than the news copter did! LOL!

Linda said...

Judy.....I saw this on the news last night but reading your post and seeing your first hand pictures makes this event so much more meaningful to me. I can imagine how you must have felt watching them pass by. Thanks for sharing.
Linda/simplycountryseasons

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

thanks so much for sharing this. Brought tears to my eyes! We will NEVER forget!

Pots 'n Prims said...

Dear friend, thank you so much for sharing these..tears filled my eyes & I can only imagine how you felt watching it in person...
Much Love,
lisa

Dawn said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I am proud to be an American even more proud after I see stuff like this! Just BEAUTIFUL!!
Thanx again!
Dawn

Sheila said...

As I write I wipe away the tears of remembering once again what happened on 9-11. I have always been proud to be an American and this is just one more reason why. Thank you for sharing these pictures.
God Bless America!

LeeHillPrimitives said...

I'm in tears now. Thanks for sharing this post. That day change our lives forever.God BLess America!

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

That is an awesome sight! A few months back, one of the traveling trailers stopped at our local mall for an overnight stay and I was able to go out and view their set up. We were able to sign one of the beams also. Very touching and sad.

Robin said...

What am amazing event to have witnessed. I can understand why you shed a tear..we remember them and will not forget.(millstonemercantile)

Kudzu said...

i did not know this was happening. it would make me cry. thank you for sharing the photos with me and everyone.
kudzu

gail said...

WOW!!!!!WHAT AN AMAZING SIGHT TO WITNESS!

Anonymous said...

wow- just looking at your pictures made me cry... they should tour America like that...

Deb