THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Friday, April 16, 2010

CHASING BUMBLEBEES..

I know there has been lots of press on the lack of "bees" for pollination of flowers and plants but woohoo....not in Hereford.   It was such a beautiful day yesterday and a "lack of customers" brought the neighbor storekeeper and I outside to enjoy our lunch.  We sat in our side yard where we could see the entrance to both stores and were bombarded by the bees....bumble, wasps and yellow jackets !!   We were right next to our herb garden so that might have been part of the problem.   Customers came in the knick of time making us retreat to our own stores and therefore we both escaped injury!!!
I did get some work accomplished yesterday.....I have been making "May Day" cones and will take a picture when the display is ready later today.    Seems that I have been doing alot of  "playing" lately...here is a paper mache flower pot that I embellished with vintage music sheets, a bird print and paper letters spelling out NEST - I aged and sealed the pot and it really turned out quite nice!!  It was the first time I have done something like this and now I want to do another...it will be listed in our Best Kept Secret blog for sale.

The Twig lights also arrived in the store....they make such a statement and I think everyone needs at least one bunch of these!!  We have forsythia twigs - in large bunches (in the milkcan with birch branches added) and smaller ones.  Also pussywillows - large and small - and just plain twigs...all GREAT... The lights are electric 
and have a 1000 hour burning time...if one light happens to go out the rest stay on...a pretty good deal!

(we also have a bunch of resin "fairy" mushrooms to add to your gardens inside or out!!)

7 comments:

moosecraft said...

Love that flower pot! And those twig lights are a must have! I've also been having more bees than usual in my yard... maybe what was causing the colony collapse disorder has been eliminated? We needs those bees! :-)

Holly Hills Primitives said...

I LOVE the flower pot! Wonder if you could do it on a regular clay pot? I didn't get a chance to comment the other day, but those trucks were incredible. What an absolute moving thing to see! We were slow yesterday too, hope you are swamped today! Dawn

Kudzu said...

what a cute idea on the flower pots :D
kudzu

Janet - underthewillow said...

Bees, wasps, and yellow jackets, oh my!! These are things that make me tremble with fear! I am deathly afraid of all things flying and stinging and I have no idea where this so called shortage of bees is because we have plenty of them here too!!

Janet

Jacque said...

loved the pot..

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

So far now bees here yet...but in time we will have lots of them.

I like your mache flower pot. Very unique.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Your Store looks so beautiful.

Seriously- love it-super love that little mushroom hiding in the bottom of the bucket....

:)
Deb