THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Saturday, April 17, 2010

BLOOM...

I sold the GARDEN banner yesterday and decided I should make another - this one says "BLOOM" (I know I take crappy pictures)...it is done in great browns and blues.....very cool if I have to say!!   It is for sale on our selling blog.   See my "fairy" mushrooms in the berry box - there are three different ones - too cute!   When I first set up housekeeping - 43 years ago - mushrooms were all the rage.  I had mushroom salt and pepper, canisters, and old prints - considered very "prim" way back when!! LOL!! 
These are the May Day cones I made.....hanging from an old ladder - made from all different kinds of printed paper and crinkle ribbon hangers to match.  Each one comes with a water tube hidden within the shredded paper !!

I have this one at the store entrance - with catmint and a flower from my bleeding heart plant.

Remember the "witch's shoe" we made when we did the Rock - Paper - Scissors Halloween class ???  Well I decided to make some "paper shoes" for Mother's Day.  They will make a great gift box for a piece of jewelry, gift card, or any kind of small trinkets.    I only have three finished so hopefully tomorrow I will get to take a picture of them....(I love playing with paper...!!!)
It is downright cold in my neighborhood today - sun was in and out - but not long enough to warm things up...!!!!

5 comments:

The Country Shed said...

This is my first time visiting your blog, I really enjoyed reading your posts!

moosecraft said...

The blue and brown combo is quickly becoming a favorite of mine too! The bloom banner is great! Love all those May Flower cones too... flowers... it sure is gonna hafta warm up more so we can gets more flowers!

Ruby Begonia'S said...

Thanks For your comments about our Romantic Homes article...I have visited your blog numerous times, it is so delightful. I love the banner and the cones- we are making cones to sell for May Day...it is coming! I can't wait to see the shoes out of paper!
Happy Spring!
Monica Vogel, Ruby Begonia'S

TeresaM said...

Love your flower cones!!! The banner is so nice too! Love your shop!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

You've done it again! I so wish I could be there to see your creations in person. Darn it! Have a great week, Dawn