THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

NEW ARRIVALS AND A PRESENT...

It is always fun to open my mailbox (we receive our mail in a box at the Post Office - which is right across the street from the store) - and find a yellow card letting me know there is a package waiting for me!!  Today two packages came from Terri Leamer of The Olde Button Tin!   Could hardly wait to get to the store to open them.....I never know what I am getting from most of our crafters...they just know me and know what will make our store special - (I am a very lucky storekeeper indeed!)  Here's some of Terri's creations....two prim pillows, hand appliqued and stuffed with olde cotton stuffing !
Peeps, peeps and peeps.....one sitting on top of a calico egg - neat make-do~~~~The vintage doily has a peep embrodiered in the plain linen circle...
.....and a Hen pincushion....Terri has her own way of aging her creations....they always look so olde but well kept...a strawberry "emery" is hung from her neck and the tailfeathers are olde straight pins...!!!

AND what a nice surprise I received today....from Joanne of http://snippetsandscrapsandpieces.blogspot.com/  Joanne read my blog yesterday and decided to "cheer" me up with a very special "zinc canning jar lid" since two of mine were ...ah....let's say "misplaced" !!  Isn't it the sweetest!!   I am going to keep it right on my counter at the store - it will get plenty of use!!  Thanks again Joanne - I l ove it!
Today was very much a true March day.....very windy...had to take down the hanging slateboard from the porch and the Easter decorations so they didn't blow away ~~ the sun was shining all day so all was good!

4 comments:

The Crafty Crow said...

What a great day for you indeed..,,
Blessings,
~Ronda~

Robin said...

Your day sounds very special, it is always so much fun to open boxes that you have no idea of what it will reveal. Have a blessed evening...(millstonemercantile)

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy ~~ Love the pillows so sweet. And how nice of Joanne to send you a "Cheer Up" gift, the Kindness of Friends
is always a Blessing.
Love & Hugs ~~ xox

The Feathered Nest said...

Awww Judy, you are such a sweetheart!!! I think it's so wonderful that you sell Somerset Life in the store!!! I'm in love with the wonderful chick pillow and the pincushion gift is precious!!! I'm hoping Spring has arrived for you sweetie!!! hugs and love, Dawn