THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Thursday, March 11, 2010

FOUR STORES LATER...

You really "feel" your age when you go to purchase new "Electronics" without a teenager in the house!  My CD player at the store died....kaput!!  I have spent the last 2 days in silence....it is weird....I NEED WHITE NOISE !! So tonight Tony and I went searching for a new CD player...nothing fancy...just simple - I only need one CD to play at a time as long as it is continuous play....HMMMM TRY TO FIND ONE !!  I also needed one that the "speaker" wires (that are already applied to the middle of the ceiling and to the outside) - would fit into the same holes...OR we would have to rewire the store again...not any easy job.  After going to Best Buy, Walmart and Target and NOTHING....we finally stopped at the little olde KMART close to our home....and YES...there we found one...it doesn't have a place for an IPod - or it doesn't have a wha'chama callit...or a gizmo...or a begoogle....it just plays one CD at a time continuously.  HOORAY!!   Now we have our fingers crossed that the wires will fit in the back....tomorrow will tell.  Wish me luck!
Helen Voytilla stopped in the store today for some decorations for her "Easter Tree" !!  Helen makes some wonderful goodies for our store....like this...
AND THIS...
AND THIS !!!

6 comments:

Janet - underthewillow said...

don't you know Judy that CD's are so old fashioned? LOL!! you sound like me trying to find a VCR! my son recently informed me that the IPOD is the music player of the current decade and that you're supposed to even have one in your car! who knew! I guess the older we get the more we see come and go! records, 8tracks, cassettes, and now CDs!

Janet

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Good luck with the CD player . . . I love the 2nd pic of the bunny . . adorable, nice work Helen!

moosecraft said...

I love that little rabbit on the door! Can't go a day without music! I agree... keeps my mind on happy thoughts and gives me energy!

The Brickhouse said...

Helen is very talented! How lucky for you and your customers that you have her!!! Love everything!
~~Patti~~

At Home With Amy said...

You have such fabulous Spring items. I love the chick on the box. So sweet!
~AMY~

Holly Hills Primitives said...

I'm with you on these electronics! Hope your new one works, Dawn