THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK

THE SPICE CUPBOARD at THE CINNAMON STICK
STORE HOURS
Thursday - Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday - 12 pm to 4 pm
CLOSED- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Sunday, February 7, 2010

TATTERED PAGES.....something new at THE CINNAMON STICK

I have been working on setting up a "new" area on the second floor of the store - It is called "TATTERED PAGES" - New and Used Books & Magazines
We have been selling used/old magazines and books for quite awhile - Last year we sold new Fairy Books and Herbal Recipe Books and they really sold well. So NOW we have ordered more books and magazines...Somerset Studio and A Simple Life....both should be in the store soon. What I wanted to do was make a place where you could sit down and "browse" thru the mags or books to see if you wanted to purchase. This is what I have come up with so far....I know it needs "tweaking" - it might even spill over into the vintage shelf unit instead of the little stairway to nowhere. Depends on the customers reactions...hopefully they will take their cup of warm tea and sit a spell !!! It should be a nice place to relax.
The sun was shining BRIGHT and the pictures are not as good as they should be.....BUT there was no way I was turning off the sun today!
Tell me what you think...??? Would you like to sit here and browse??
The other side of this room I am making into a place where you can purchase vintage ribbon, lace, fabric and NEW ribbons, dyed burlap string, raffia and odds and ends to create with. You can purchase by the yard or spool.....scissors, yardstick are right there for you to "cut" yourself. This has been going over quite well so far ! I have so much "stuff" - and thought it was time to share it with everyone. Here is what it looks like right now...

(don't you love Elsie's wings) !!!

9 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Miss Judy ~~ Neat Idea as always.
My heart beats a little faster seeing the stone walls of the shop wish I were there.
Love & Hugs ~~ Connie xox

denise said...

i would love it. it's such a wonderful idea.someone else always has something you don't.go for it!! LOL!!!!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

What a great idea! (As usual.) I would love to browse with a cup of tea. I'd just give anything to see your shop, I know it would make my heart go pitter-patter! Have a great week, Dawn

gail said...

two of my favorite things...OLD BOOKS & OLD MAGAZINES! great idea!

Joanne said...

Looks wonderful Judy - can't wait to check it out - love books and magazines!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

YOUR RIBBONS AND STRINGS MAKE ME LONG FOR A TRIP TO HEREFORD PA...HOW MUCH FUN IT WOULD BE TO BROWSE YOUR NEW AREA AND SIT SIPPING TEA WHILE LOOKING OUT YOUR BEAUTIFUL WINDOW ... THANK YOU FOR SHARING...XXXX ~ B

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I think if I lived near you would have to tell me to "go Home" LOL I think it's a great idea and would love to sit there and read!

Rondell♥

Ginny said...

Hi Judy, Love the idea, both areas look great.

Mrs. Staggs said...

I would so love to visit your store Judy. It always looks inspiring, and full of my favorite things. I think you've created wonderful spaces for the imagination.

I've just subscribed this week to A Simple Life. I'm so looking forward to it.